FRER and Digi progression (or lack of!) - please help!

Kyliem87

Mummy of 1 Princess
Reaction score
I am currently 4 weeks and 4 days and got a + digi at 11DPO saying "Pregnant 1-2". I am now 18DPO and the digi is still saying "Pregnant 1-2" ...I know I could have implanted later but then how would I have gotten the 1-2 digi at 11DPO?

I took a FRER with a 3 hour hold this afternoon and it had a much clearer line than previously! I seem to get darker lines as the day goes on rather than the usual FMU for some reason! Anyone with any experience of this?

Pic of 4 tests is 12-15DPO and the one on it's own is 18DPO

:flower:

Attachments

• 12-15 DPO.jpg
    12-15 DPO.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 18 DPO.jpg
    18 DPO.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 27
Those Clearblue tests are not all that accurate in my opinion. This pregnancy mine said 2-3 for ages and I was very worried but everything was fine. Last pregnancy it was slow going up to 2-3, then went up to 3+ and then I foolishly did another one and it went back down again! However my toddler was none the worse for it and he is tucked up in bed waiting for Santa.

I would stay away from the sticks for another week. Then do another one, if you still only get a faint result or a 1-2 then see your doctor and ask to be referred to the EPU for blood tests.

I'm the same as you hun, took a digi today at 19dpo & still 1-2 :( Then took a Tesco's test & the line was almost as dark as the control line! So I do not know what to think!

Good luck, fingers crossed all is well x

Thank you I need to stop as I'm driving myself barmy! Not to mention skinting myself!

Katestar - it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one but I pray it all works out for the best for both of us! Keeping my fingers tightly crossed!

:flow:

Yes I get way darker lines with afternoon urine for some reason. Messes with my head, especially if I try to test with first morning urine the next day! D'ot!

Looks like a clear positive to me. :)

I would pop along to the Docs for some bloods to show your true levels. Pee dilution plays a massive role in test darkness early on xx

I agree with the previous posters that you do have progression but dilution can play a roll so try not to worry to much. If you can get your levels drawn that would be best and give you piece of mind. Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

I agree with dan-o, blood hcg levels can tell you so much more. Try to get papers for 2 tests and do them at least 48 hours apart. Then you can use the online hcg calculators to see how you're progressing.

Thanks ladies. I know my FRER had good progression just my digi isn't moving lol might try again tomorrow or Saturday and see what is happening. It's hard to get blood draws in the UK as it isn't a routine thing to do. If I make it to my MW app on the 9th Jan I'm going to request an early scan as she knows about my previous MMC and got me an early scan with my DD

H&H 9 month everyone :flow:

I glad they don't check HCG levels here in Ireland (same as the UK)... If you're not bleeding or spotting I'd say relax! Do another test in 4/5 days if it's important to you... either way enjoy the mystery that is pregnancy!

I glad they don't check HCG levels here in Ireland (same as the UK)... If you're not bleeding or spotting I'd say relax! Do another test in 4/5 days if it's important to you... either way enjoy the mystery that is pregnancy!

I know I should and I haven't bled or had pains just cramping but before my DD I had an MMC, no pains or blood nothing..an U/S at 9 then 11 weeks showed bean had died at 5/6 weeks and resulted in a 4/5 day hospital stay as it wouldn't come away from my body! With my DD the digi tests went up exactly on the day they should have (4 weeks said 2-3 and then 5 weeks said 3+) so obviously this time it isn't working like that hence the worry and doubt :flower:

I know I should and I haven't bled or had pains just cramping but before my DD I had an MMC, no pains or blood nothing..an U/S at 9 then 11 weeks showed bean had died at 5/6 weeks and resulted in a 4/5 day hospital stay as it wouldn't come away from my body! With my DD the digi tests went up exactly on the day they should have (4 weeks said 2-3 and then 5 weeks said 3+) so obviously this time it isn't working like that hence the worry and doubt :flower:

I had a miscarriage last time and ended up having a D&C so I know what it's like to have concerns... but I believe things will be fine this time! Hope for the best!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy :)

I totally understand. I've had two miscarriages since my son and one was a MMC discovered at 10 weeks. (Baby died @ 8 weeks) After that it feels Impossible to be relaxed about pregnancy ever again! Even though not being stressed is important. I'm really praying for both of us this time around! Each pregnancy is different so they say...fingers crossed for you <3

<--why would you be glad they don't do a service for women (whichever kind it may be)? It's much less expensive on the medical system to get a blood test than a scan. In Canada it's harder for me to get a scan than blood test and I respect the reasons why (both services are paid for by healthcare).

It just appears to cause so much stress for some people... although I can clearly seen the benefit of it too. I'm just making the best of the situation really... I didn't have the option of monitoring my HCG in the first few weeks of pregnancy.

Its much less expensive to do neither a blood test nor an early scan! Most women in the uk do not get blood tests or scans till the end of first trimester. They are generally not medically necessary.
however, if you are 5 or more weeks and only still getting faint lines or 1-2 weeks your doctor should pay attention as slow rising levels are a warning sign for ectopic pregnancy, so a blood test in that circumstance is a good idea. Obviously it is usually not an ectopic, as they are more rare, but it is important to rule it out.

Thank you ladies. He is taking a urine sample from me on Monday to get a qunatative urine analysis then he's going to try and get me in to see my MW earlier and get me an early scan but he wants me to be 6+ weeks for the scan. He fully understood my concerns and didn't make me feel silly for worrying so much. He said those tests aren't always accurate as so early the HCG levels can fluctuate even between each hour but that giving my past leaving me to worry like I am also isn't healthy (I also have high BP so this will not be helping).

I'm really glad they're helping

:flow:

It just appears to cause so much stress for some people... although I can clearly seen the benefit of it too. I'm just making the best of the situation really... I didn't have the option of monitoring my HCG in the first few weeks of pregnancy.

I think those weeks tests are dangerous, so much stress when the levels don't match. OH and I were just looking up the reviews last night and they also seem to have loads of false positives too.
First tri is stressful. Too much of a gamble & so many hormones floating around lol:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->