FRER not sensitive?

silvaheyes

Reaction score
Are FRER not as sensitive anymore? I took a Wal-Mart cheapy 88 cent test on Sunday night that came back lightly positive. I went shopping yesterday and bought the double pack with the FRER and the FRER Gold Digital in one pack.

I took the FRER last night and it came back negative which freaked me out. I had a miscarriage in October at 5 1/2 weeks so I'm super paranoid and nervous.

I decided to wait until today to take the digital and thankfully it also came up positive. So what's the deal?

FR is not as sensitive as they used to be. They no longer will even publish their miu sensitivity any more as they used to raneg from 8-18miu and now they range from 8-40 miu. They are not to be trusted as early tests anymore.

What's weird is I'm not early testing. My period was due Saturday or Sunday so I'm technically late.

I used FRER with my two kid's pregnancies before so that's typically which brand I go with to confirm officially.

I almost bought a big pack of them on Amazon, but stopped to read the reviews and there have been a ton of false positives since the new curved design came out. So I'm assuming they over-corrected the problem and made them way less sensitive. Now I'm hearing about women not getting positives on them AT ALL. haha....HA....not cool. So sad because all other tests basically suck. So where do we turn now for a good early test? I got the store brand so we'll see I guess. Bummer though.

Well the false positive aren't from sensitivity- they are from indents caused by the curve. I'm not sure why they changed their sensitivity. Like I said it used to be 8-18 miu so very early and now it can be as bad a 40 miu which is way worse than many cheap tests. I often recommend the the first signl brand that are .88c at Walmart as they are 20-25miu and usually pretty accurate.

Oh yay, I'm going to have to check out those ones. Thanks!

And I meant because of the false positives they may have reworked their formula and ultimately made their product useless instead of fixing it. If that makes sense.... :p

Don't trust the curved FRER!! I used one back in the spring and got a faint line within 2 minutes. It wasn't as think as the control but it was pink. Ended up being a false positive! Did another the next day and stark white negative. I did a lot of research and figured out they are known for that. It was a pretty convincing line too.

This one was a regular one, not the curved. This is the exact pack I bought: Test And Confirm Pregnancy Test ... It comes with a regular FRER and Gold Digital.

I highly suggest the Wal-Mart ones, first signal. I've used them both when pregnant and not. When I'm not they are white and no weird lines or evaps.

FRER is getting a bad reputation after they switched to the curved handle style. I tried them and I don't like them at all. I liked the old FRERs better. Now when people suggest to me to "try a FRER" I'm like huh uh lol. They're still as expensive with less quality. I'm thinking that they maybe upped the miu detection because of chemicals. People probably thought that they had a false pregnancy result when in fact they were really suffering from a chemical. Not saying that is your case, I'm just throwing out ideas as to why the tests aren't as trustworthy anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->