FRER positive, beta negative...beware FRER

promise07

Reaction score
the story of my life.

Been getting lines since about 8dpo if you’ve been kind of following my posts and my FRER are finally darkening. Went to the doctor yesterday and their test was positive as well. I’m somewhere between 16-21dpo and we did a qualntitqtive beta yesterday that came back at 0.1 with a progesterone of 0.1 also.

Doc thinks either my pee tests are wrong or beta is wrong. She put me on progesterone and said we will repeat the beta in 3 days if af doesn’t show.

I tested again this morning with a FRER and got a pink line but it’s skinny. I don’t know whether these are just lying to me or the beta is wrong. I just can’t catch a break.

*****edited to add***I tested the toilet water at my job and the test looks exactly like the tests I've been taking for the past two weeks. I 100% believe the beta. FRER gave me false positives. Please beware using them for early testing and always double check them unless your lines are truly pink.

Last edited:
What? That is so crazy. I have never heard of beta being wrong, but if your doctor thinks that is the case then that might be what it is. My goodness, I can not imagine the roller coaster you are on. I am not losing the hope for you promise.

I never heard of a beta being wrong either but my progesterone also came back at 0.1 which would mean I'd be bleeding by now because that's basically no progesterone at all, and I'm not. I had some spotting but definitely no AF.

I still don't think the beta is wrong. Maybe they mixed my sample up with someone else's? The only other explanation is that my FRERs are false positives. So I bought a couple more boxes today. I will test with one out of each box and dip the other one in water.

I have other posts with the pictures from my FRERs, but I will post here the one I took this morning. Sigh....

Wow that is deff darker, that's weird maybe you're newly pregnant now?

Toilet water from 10 minutes ago.

My tests look just like this except yellow from the urine makes them a tad bit darker.

C494C944-5786-4E47-AB36-86BF66BF5335.jpeg 5F667E48-80DE-43E6-943D-54DE09B230C3.jpeg

I was having this problem with FRERs and early testing before my true BFP. Every cycle, starting at 8dpo I was pulling a line of some sort. Very disheartening to go on to get AF on time every cycle. I’m sorry you’re going through this hun, it’s not easy! :hugs:

Frer are just so unreliable and give so much false hope! Before this pregnancy I had lines on every frer including the negative ones. I still have everything crossed for u that it might just be a brand brand new pregnancy, and if not I hope u get some decent answers xxx

I think it may be a chemical pregnancy and the frer picked up the hcg super early but then maybe it already began to drop when you had the beta done .
I had a similar situation happen to me.
OR maybe the pregnancy is just very early and the frer is picking up that 0.1 ... all I can say is if it were me I would test again in a few days and ask for repeat beta as well.
Good luck , I know it’s so frustrating and emotionally draining !

Was your drs test positive though?

Yes, it was a squinter at best but I, the nurse and the doctor all saw it. That test was a 20miu test so that's what made it even weirder.

I was having this problem with FRERs and early testing before my true BFP. Every cycle, starting at 8dpo I was pulling a line of some sort. Very disheartening to go on to get AF on time every cycle. I’m sorry you’re going through this hun, it’s not easy! :hugs:

Thank you! It's been crazy to say the least. The problem that I had before with FRER was seeing the indent or not getting a line at all. But these are LINES, no indents. Just awful.
Frer are just so unreliable and give so much false hope! Before this pregnancy I had lines on every frer including the negative ones. I still have everything crossed for u that it might just be a brand brand new pregnancy, and if not I hope u get some decent answers xxx

Thank you so much. All I want is answers at this point. At the most I would be 8dpo if it were a new pregnancy but I'm already spotting now so I don't have much hope of that either.

I think it may be a chemical pregnancy and the frer picked up the hcg super early but then maybe it already began to drop when you had the beta done .
I had a similar situation happen to me.
OR maybe the pregnancy is just very early and the frer is picking up that 0.1 ... all I can say is if it were me I would test again in a few days and ask for repeat beta as well.
Good luck , I know it’s so frustrating and emotionally draining !

This would make sense because the levels in your blood drop before your urine does in some instances since HCG is secreted into your urine from your blood. It would be absolutely ASTOUNDING for the FRER to pick up a 0.1, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised. I'm definitely going for a repeat either Friday or Monday unless AF shows.

Thank you all so much for responding.

Oh sweety I prayed for you. I really hope this is a very early pregnancy.
Sending hugs I'm so sorry ure going through this I hope u get some clear answers soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->