Friends are gonna TTC

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
woo hoo

hopefully i wont be alone with no mummy friends for to much longer. i am going to wait and try to concieve some time next year but my friends are thinking of this year so hopefully my number 2 will be around the age of thier number 1 and Hermione will have babies to play with. how cute

aw yay for you!

Only one of my friends has a baby and she was an accident, so I think I'll be one of the first. Me and OH are thinking later half of next year as we are moving back in with parents in an effort to save up for wedding/baby for most of this year.

What's it like being the only one with a baby out of your group of friends? Sorry, that looks kinda mean when I'm looking at it, don't mean it like that. Just interested to see how you feel. Love the name of your daughter btw, I was thinking about that for a middle name if we have a daughter!

xxx

hey it was hard at first missing out and people expecting you to go out like you used to, but they get used to it very quickly.
my firends come round now for tea and i make arrangements to see them on my own, but they love Hermione. as there are no other children she is a novalty, everyone likes playin mummy if you know what i mean.

i was really woried about it before i had her, but i really didnt need to worry everyone understands. i dont go out as much but i dont care i love being with her. infact am still at the stage of not wanting to leave her. those who havnt tried to understand or made the effort to see me where i am comfortable with Hermione are the friends that i need to forget (and there is only 1).

Good luck with the saving. what names have you got for your baby?

Aw well I won't be too bothered then, with saving up every spare penny, we don't go out anymore! The names we have got are either Jack or James with Timothy for a middle name and Lara Calleigh/Hermione, not sure though. All the names come from a film/tv apart from Tim who is OH's dad!!

I've tried to be good with my friend who has a daughter and if I'm going over always double check whether she needs nappies or something etc.

I'm sure I'll be better when we have our own LO. Hoping to be TTC by end of 2010/start of 2011. Sounds really far away even though its only next year.

Can you remember 10 years ago or so when 2010 was the year all sci fi programmes chose and the characters were in silver jumpsuits kind of thing, and now its next year!!!!

xxx

Those are really nice names. you will surprised how quickly that time will pass this time last year i wasnt even pregnant and now i have a baby and thinking abou the future and having another.

Sounds like you are ready for it and know what to expect. just keep your friends close now and they will be there when you need them once bubs arrives and sometimes you just need them, as you are in all day with a non talking baby!!!! and my hubby is not the chatty type.

Good luck

aw thanks! I don't feel like I'm ready but thats because I'm not married and we haven't saved anything.
I don't have anything against having children when you aren't married but its always how I imagined it and I know me and OH are going to get married so don't know why its important lol. Can't wait until we have a bit of money saved up and can start buying things. Just not looking forward to telling my sis and my parents. Even though I'm technically an adult they still look at me like a kid and my 17yr old sis has a go at me as soon as I mention kids or getting married.

grr!

How did you tell your family?

xxx

Lucky! I wish I had friends who were ttc. I have no mommy friends and all my friends are off at school so it's so lonely. I've looked for mothers groups in my area but I'm 19 and everyone in the groups I've found are 30+ not that I would mind but I don't think I would relate much with them. There's a cashier at my local grocery store who looks about my age who has a baby but there's always a line and I never get a chance to give her my info. Me and my OH are considering moving in the next year so maybe I'll meet some other moms then!

I have a couple of friends with babies already, so I think it will be nice to have other people to turn to when I need some advice. You can't always get to a computer can you LOL

I have one friend with a 3 month old little boy(who is one reason we are TTC), one with a 3 year old girl, another with a new baby girl..And one of the girls I work with is 17 and 3 months pregnant. So hopefully, I will fall pregnant soon and then we will be able to share the journey to some extent! xx

aw thanks! I don't feel like I'm ready but thats because I'm not married and we haven't saved anything.
I don't have anything against having children when you aren't married but its always how I imagined it and I know me and OH are going to get married so don't know why its important lol. Can't wait until we have a bit of money saved up and can start buying things. Just not looking forward to telling my sis and my parents. Even though I'm technically an adult they still look at me like a kid and my 17yr old sis has a go at me as soon as I mention kids or getting married.

grr!

How did you tell your family?

xxx

hey i agree with you about the marriage thing, thats how we felt we waited till we were married.

We kept the pregnancy to oursleves for the first 12 weeks and took our scan pictures round and laid them on the table. everyone was so shocked, noone expected us to have children as both career orientated. my mum even said "you are the last person i expected to have kids" charming!!!

Now they are all over the moon and think we are doing a good job, they were apprently worried as we a what they call 'logical' people and thought we would struggle with the illogical baby, but you learn to deal with it.

It is your life, do what you want and when you are ready. dont let others live thier lives and thier mistakes through you. you will regret it and resent them. live how you think is best and ask for help when you need it.

I think that I would find it really difficult keeping it a secret until 12 weeks!

I would have to tell my mum and dad, maybe not my lil sis cos she would end up telling my whole family!

I have to admit I am surprised at myself, never wanted kids when I was younger. Always thought they were dribbling, snotty things and why would people choose to have one?

When I seriously fell for OH I realised that it was just because I hadn't found someone to have them with and I know its only a matter of time before we have our own kids.

Having said that when I tried to talk to OH the other night his answer was " I dunno". All I asked was when he thought we would be getting married and TTC.

grr. men.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"