Friends baby born first- but name we have is too similar?

im not going to lie they DO sound similar

the middle name isn't an issue really though as millions of people share the same middle names (90% of my female friend middle names are Louise as nearly every child born here in the late 80s/early 90s had that middle name) and you have good reason to use it

the first name IS similar but its not like this is your sisters kid or a close family member so it doesn't really matter so much if they are friends (there where best friend at my school that grew up together called Gemma and Emma, and two of my closest friends are Zara and Tara and my middle name is also Zara)

in the end its your choice,
do you think you would be happy with a different name choice?
if not do you think it matters that its similar?
do you think you will be close to this friend forever?

if no to any of the above then stick with your choice

p.s - personally though I think Canon sounds much better than Connor

Awe thanks everyone for your replies :) i think we r gonna stick with our name :)

Im also glad that ppl are liking our name Canon... Iv had a number of ppl who have thought otherwise and arent afraid to say it even though they know me and DH love the name. Or when we tell them the name... If they dont directly say they dont like it they still throw out every other name we could use instead! But we love it :)

Canon Joseph it is :)

I am glad you are sticking with it!!!!

The names dont have similar sounding syllables. Can vs. Con. non vs. nor.

I have two friends whose daughters names are chloe and zoey. the two girls are inseparable and its actually really cute that they "match" so well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->