Friends

Frankie

Reaction score
Are any of you lot finding that you just dont fit in with your friends?

I went out with mine on Monday ive known them 15 years and now feel like a spare part :cry:

yep!! i do!!
my friends idea of going out always involves drinking, and obviously, i dont! so i always feel left out, and they stay out late when i get tired so want to come home early, and end up missing out on so many things!!
its hard, but i know that my life is changing for the better, and i would change it for the world..
i do have one friend who is a mum, so me and her have gotten ALOT closer, which is brilliant!
i think it just happens sometimes.
but dont worry, you've got all of us now! :D
xx

i know how you feel hun, i went for food with a group of girl friends about 2 weeks ago and i found that they was talking about things i had no clue about!!
i felt quite out of the loop but i think thats something i have to get used to now and hopefully itll get better when i see them more and have more of a social life :)
youre not alone hun i think alot of women feel like this too :hugs:

Yep Yep Yep!!! I have been friends with someone since i was 3, now 29. She was always the one with the BF Etc, where i was more than happy ploding along! She got with a guy and proclaimed she would be the first to get married and have babies, and me didnt even consider it a race!! Now its me getting married next year and expecting our little bundle in Jan, and she is single, when we meet up now she hasnt any interest in ME!! Its all about her and what bloke she is now seeing..... begining to think that Friendships do have a Shelf life, sad to say but now i hardly see her, and to be honest i'm not bothered

yep, but that all started as soon as i got engaged aged 20....
they were all at uni and living the single life and i was settling down with the love of my life.... all got a little worse when we got married last year, then came to a head where i actually cut a few ties when we announced we were having a baby.... one gal i've known for years actually suggested we take a trip to mainland uk to visit a "clinic"..... (abortion is illegal in N.I.) i could have slapped her! my motto is tho, if they aren't happy accepting "grown ups" as friends, they may not have been great friends at all in the first place.... harsh i know but it's how i saw it in my situation...

they were all at uni and living the single life and i was settling down with the love of my life.... all got a little worse when we got married last year, then came to a head where i actually cut a few ties when we announced we were having a baby.... one gal i've known for years actually suggested we take a trip to mainland uk to visit a "clinic"..... (abortion is illegal in N.I.) i could have slapped her! my motto is tho, if they aren't happy accepting "grown ups" as friends, they may not have been great friends at all in the first place.... harsh i know but it's how i saw it in my situation...

Oh my god i cant believe you so called friends said to get an abortion thats awful hope u gave a swift kick up the arse lol!!!

I was the same before i found out i was pregnant i was out all weekend every weekend single-ish lol and loving it but then when i stopped going out no1 wanted to no so i told ma friends straight to sort it out cos i cant be bothered to waste my time with people who arent interested in me just because i wont go out and waste money on alcohol anymore, that gave them the kick they needed and so far so good!

i had that too!!! i got engaged in December, and since then its like my OH doesnt exist and they just cant be bothered with me..:cry:

they got more than an earful i can tell ya! hehehe

it's kinda crap at the time but i found that as hard as it seemed to cut ties with certain "friends" the ones who actually shared the excitement were there even more.....

and maddi - there will be new, better friends so dont :cry: hun xxx

I do with 2 of mine and that is simply because they have been trying for kids a while with no luck!!!

It's a shame and i feel for them, but i suppose they just are a bit jealous, understandably!!

You have us all of us now anyway!!!!

Well i just hope when my little one comes along that they will change

On the other hand i didnt order food as my friend said 'oh will it be 3 or 4 portions' 'i bet you have 4 tins of soup for lunch and a loaf of bread' so i refused to order anything whilst they stuffed there faces

i had this first time round they were all going uni and clubbing etc and i wasnt so we never spoke

I count myself as very lucky as my best friend has 3 kids already, DH's best friend has just become a daddy, SIL has just become a mummy and another friend is due early December. I do feel a tad left out sometimes as we are very much a pub-culture group and obviously I can't drink at the minute, but I try and make sure I make up for it with coffee round at a mates during the day when alcohol isn't involved.

Frankie - it will change hun. You are the first to go down this route. They'll all follow soon and then they'll be crawling back. Don't cut the ties completely, your LO will have lots of playmates in the next few years.:hugs:

Frankie - it will change hun. You are the first to go down this route. They'll all follow soon and then they'll be crawling back. Don't cut the ties completely, your LO will have lots of playmates in the next few years.:hugs:

Your right just feels a bit sad at the moment im sure theyll come back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"