From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

My pleasure jellycat, you're almost 20 weeks! Are you finding out the sex?

Katie I'll also be doing a bit of bottle feeding as well as breast, otherwise how do you go out by yourself?! And it's awkward if you want some alcohol.. Hope you don't have to move again! :(

Chloe, your night off sounds like a good birthday present! :)

x

20 weeks today! Scan is in just under 2 weeks but we are staying :yellow: as we did last time too even though have to say been very tempted to know this time.

I feel so disorganised this time have hardly discussed names, haven't bought any clothes or sorted out current clothes, looked at crib mattresses... Or anything. Dh seems to think we can organise it all once I'm 36 weeks pregnant !

Katie and MrsP, you can still exclusively breast feed and drink if you are clever with pumpings. I have gone 2 months without having to give her formula because I have pumped when she has slept for long stretches, or when she only takes one boob before falling asleep. That way I can have someone give bottles of breast milk while I go drink, shop, have date night, etc. But you have to really want to breast feed in order to not get super annoyed by the whole process. I didn't think I was that intent on exclusive breast feeding but I have become very protective of my supply and I yell at dh any time he suggests formula to supplement. Once I go back to work and can only pump twice while there I wonder if I will have to supplement with formula. One boob makes way less milk than the other, and the pump is way less efficient than gabby, so it will ban interesting transition.

Jelly, you have plenty of time :). Do you think it's because this is #2 that you are less prepared so early?

Katie and MrsP, you can still exclusively breast feed and drink if you are clever with pumpings. I have gone 2 months without having to give her formula because I have pumped when she has slept for long stretches, or when she only takes one boob before falling asleep. That way I can have someone give bottles of breast milk while I go drink, shop, have date night, etc. But you have to really want to breast feed in order to not get super annoyed by the whole process. I didn't think I was that intent on exclusive breast feeding but I have become very protective of my supply and I yell at dh any time he suggests formula to supplement. Once I go back to work and can only pump twice while there I wonder if I will have to supplement with formula. One boob makes way less milk than the other, and the pump is way less efficient than gabby, so it will ban interesting transition.

Jelly, you have plenty of time :). Do you think it's because this is #2 that you are less prepared so early?

Ahh another team :yellow: yay! I've been super organised with buying stuff, but we've been very disorganized when it comes to names! We've discussed it in conversation but not sat down properly & talked about it. I started going through a names book & highlighting in pink the names I liked, then the idea was DH is to go through with a blue hi-lighter & any we've both hilighted will be on the short list. But I'm still not finished doing mine yet & haven't looked at the book for about 2 months! :wacko:

Thanks for the tips chloe :thumbup: Yes I was planning on expressing rather than formula, we'll see how it goes... :)

x

I think it might be because it's no2 or that we've just moved us or the fact after one you have less time to yourself. Mrs p have you not got any kind of short list ?

I agree with Chloe, totally worth it to bf. the bonding is so special. I pump in the mornings and usually get between 5-8 ounces. I'm able to have one bottle for me to get a break and am starting my freezer stockpile. I try not to do more than one bottle a day so it doesn't impact my supply. While DS was in the hospital my schedule got all out of whack, so DS has been cluster feeding to bring up my supply, but it also may be the 6 week growth spurt hitting at the same time. The cluster feedings can be hard, but you just have to remember that it's temporary and necessary because your boobs will catch up.

We are doing great. DS healed so quickly. He's pretty much back to normal. We have his post-op appointment this week. I also have my six week OB appt on Tuesday. I can't believe how quickly things are going by.

Pregnant ladies - have you taken bump photos?

And if you can believe it I miss being pregnant so much! Enjoy it while you're there. It's just so special to have your LO in there with you. I can't wait until its time to try for #2.

Have any of you been taking childbirth classes?

I haven't signed up for a childbirth class, but I did order the natal hypnotherapy CDs. I can't take that class, since it's only offered in the UK, but I heard so many good things about it, I wanted to try it over hypnobirthing. Hopefully the CDs and book will be good enough. I could take a different class, but I'm not sure I want to take a class that uses a different method. Might be counterproductive.

I'm wondering if I should take the general childbirth class at the hospital. It focuses on relaxation techniques for childbirth, but discusses pain relief options and other general childbirth knowledge, plus it includes a basic course on breastfeeding and infant care. They also have separate classes specifically devoted to infant care and breastfeeding that I'm very interested in. What do you all think? Is it worth doing all three? Obviously, the more classes I take, the more money I'll spend. The breastfeeding and infant care courses are significantly cheaper than the comprehensive childbirth class, and I'm more worried about the breastfeeding and infant care aspects.

I would share a picture of my bump, but I'm not sure if I actually have a baby bump or I'm just getting big because I've been so hungry. That has actually started to calm down recently, thankfully.

urgh typed a heap of personals then lost my post :( i'll go fast from memory!

mrspttc- thanks for starting the thread, i never felt totally comfortable posting on the old one after my bfp. re names, we went through an entire ipod app and didn't really find any that felt right. DH came up with Layla but i wasn't sure at first - she didn't get her name officially until 3 days old.

daydream - so glad your LO is ok, that must have been so worrying. I miss being pregnant too, i wish i could have enjoyed it more but i almost didn't dare as i was so worried i wouldn't have a happy end tbh. Can you believe i have no bump pics at all and only 2 of me with layla and she's 10 weeks, I feel sad that chunk of memories hasn't been captured for her to look at :(

chloe - lovely to hear how gabby is doing, our LO's are only a week apart!

cat, katie, jellycat and anyone i've missed - 'hi' :)

AFM: I'll try summarise where we're at,
Layla is 10 weeks, we've had a stressful start what with the eclampsia, emcs, slow recovery and laylas colic. we've now seen a paed and he's given us special formula and meds for her digestion and 10days in she is sleeping more and crying less.....i'm not happy about the formula or meds but at least i no longer have her crying for hours on end in pain....horrible to see and a rotten start for her to life. she now smiles and laughs more too :)
She is currently sleeping now and i'm feeling pleased to have finally braved cutting her fingernails - they were so long!

Katie, dh has agreed he likes a boys name I like (Harry) but says its too common. Tbh though we don't like unusual or modern names so I don't know what he expects as there's not a great deal of choice compared to girls! My other choice of name is James which was my grandads name & goes nice with George (DH & his dads middle name & his grandads first name) but he's not thrilled by that either! I have a list of girls names & he's not keen on most, but has said he likes Scarlett, after originally saying a few months ago was awful when I suggested it! :dohh: I think it'll be nameless for a bit tbh, maybe we need to see it & then decide... :shrug:

Oh yes daydream I've been taking plenty bump shots, and as much as I'm now getting uncomfortable I love being pregnant, love my bump & LO moving round, it feels like I have a pet :haha: So I'll defo miss it!

I've booked it for 2 antenatal/parenting classes & also a waterbirth class. And got a hospital visit too. Cat I've got a hypnobirthing book too, though haven't started it yet!

Aw Nell you must take more pics! Can't believe you've no bump pics either! You need to make up for it so get that camera out :winkwink: Sorry to hear you've had a bad time with Layla, fxd things get easier & you both enjoy your time together more :hugs:

X

Cat - you are on top of things! I did all the classes at my hospital, the childcare, infant CPR, breastfeeding and Lamaze. The benefit of the childbirth classes through the hospital are you get to know what their specific policies are (whether you are required to have IVs, showering, etc.). Also taking all the classes at the hospital helped me feel comfortable in that environment. Also definitely take the breastfeeding class. I think the more information you have beforehand the easier it goes once you're doing it.

Nell - oh sorry you don't have much, but its never too late to start! Don't get too discouraged. Also I'm so glad the colic is under control. That is soooo hard.

MrsP - good luck with the names! Half the reason we chose Harrison is because it was the first name that DH liked :haha:

AFM first day home by myself with LO. DH has 7 weeks off, but today he's going into work bc they're needing his help, plus we are doing practice mini-days of me being on my own. So far so good, now dare I try to take a shower? Think sleepy baby thoughts for me.

Daydream sorry I meant to say its great news Harrison is healing well. Hope he's a good boy for you & let's you get things done whilst he sleeps :sleep: x

Nell, so glad you can join us again! Sorry about the colic but it seems as if its getting better, so yay! Was layla born early? Our DD's are quite close in age. It's so much fun when they smile, isn't it?! I weighed gabby today...13.8 lbs! She is already in 6 month clothing. They grow up so fast!

I go back to work on Feb 21, so I'm currently searching for a good bottle. I have Philips avent but I think she takes too much air, so I am going to try Dr Brown's.

MrsP, you're getting so close! I had gabby at 37.5 weeks, so u could be just a month out! Exciting :)

Best of luck to all with names. Dh and I had no clue what we would have named a boy.

Hey girls, it's nice to be able to have baby talk and not feel guilty, I feel like I'm learning quite a bit from our mommies.

Chloe, thanks for the tips on breastfeeding. I hope it works, I do feel like that would be a wonderful time to bond.

Daydream, so glad your little boy healed quickly! I do have bump pictures, but I need to upload them first and I never find time. I haven't taken one class. I think the one on breastfeeding could be especially beneficial.

Nell, it must be wonderful to see your baby smile and laugh after so much pain. Hope the pain stays away.

Cat, you can post the bump picture and we'll tell you if we see it or not :winkwink:

MrsP, I like both, Harry and James. When it comes to names, we are an international family with relatives in both Europe and the States, so we're looking for a simple universal name that's easy to pronounce in multiple languages. I think the name Anne will end up winning, the more we think about it, the more we like it. It can't get simpler than that. Also, My DH's aunt/godmother is Anne and she is an amazing woman, I think she'd be brought to tears if she learned we named our girl after her. I'm not a big fan of cool hip modern names that are so popular these days, I like the old classic ones.

I had an ultrasound today, the girl made adorable faces and moved a lot for us. I'm almost 36 weeks and she's currently transverse, that is, laying sideways. It wasn't news to me, I could tell from the way she moves and my belly looks. If she doesn't turn in the next couple of weeks, I might have to be making a decision if I want to try version or go ahead with a C section just like Chloe. Hope she turns, I'd rather deliver naturally.

There's that spinning babies site you can check out. Do lots of cat cow poses and spend time on the exercise ball. I'll think good thoughts for you!

Wow, Katie, your time is fast approaching! Not sure if u remember, but I tried a version and it was awful and then lead to my emergency c section. It was so painful and put my dd at risk. Go on spinningbabies.com and see if you can find some exercises to try to help turn her. Or I would also look into chiropractors who specialize in a procedure that I hear is pretty painless but often has success in turning babies. I would try everything you can to avoid a version as I am now and was when I got talked into the version, that the baby is in her position for a reason. Trying to force her into a different position just didn't feel right to me, but I didn't listen to my gut. But if your gut says he version would be good, you should try it. Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

Yeah, I was looking up transverse online and it took me to the spinningbabies website. I will try to be active and do the excercises they suggest, this is the least I can do. Hope I won't break my neck hanging off my couch head down. Yes Chloe, I remember you had the inversion and how it ended. When my doc was talking about about inversion and its success rate, all I could think of was you and your birth story.

Aww Chloe, shame you're back to work already next month :( I have a friend who couldn't live without Dr browns! I seriously doubt my LO will come early but you never know? It must be after 37 weeks tho as I want to try the midwifery led birthing centre, rather than the normal maternity unit.

Katie sorry to here your LO is transverse! :growlmad: turn LO turn!! Anne is a pretty & traditional name, my middle name in Ann (without an E) I think Anna is nice too.

Hey this spinningbabies thing sounds good if it comes to it!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->