From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Wow cat that is even worse than I thought! I feel sorry for you US ladies, we don't know we're born over here, with our NHS & benefit system too. Do you get any help with childcare costs seeing as you have to go back so early?

Ladies have any of you had pains up your urethra I think it is when you've been heavily preggo? I think it's my urethra (pee hole?) rather than vagina, and they're like stabbing pains. I mentioned it to the mw last week & she sounded surprised but then said pains in that area are normal with everything stretching :shrug:

x

Most people don't get any childcare help. My work has a pre-tax childcare program, but still it's expensive. I'm pretty lucky in that my work pays full pay for the entire time on disability (4 weeks before and 6 weeks after) and then an additional 8 weeks after that. Then I'm going to take 4 weeks of paid time off to bring me to when he'll be four months old before I go back to work. I'm definitely going to stay with this company until I'm done having babies, not many companies have benefits this good. Also in California, we have a Paid Family Leave program where you can get 6 weeks at 55% pay that my husband used. It's been amazing having him home for this long.

Also I didn't have those type pains, do you think maybe it's a UTI? That's really common in pregnancy

I've been tested for them daydream so I don't think so :shrug: I have to take urine samples with me every mw appt 2-3 weeks. I'm back again on tues so will mention it again :thumbup:

Your employee benefits sound really good :) we can also get pre-tax childcare vouchers. Some people get help with childcare here but you've got to be on a low household income.

x

MrsP, I had pains around week 33, but they were more like cramps all over my lower abdomen, they would come and go throughout the day and I only had them for a couple of days. My ob confirmed that those were Braxton Hicks. Sorry about the pain and the swelling. Hang in there, we're approaching the finish line!

Daydream, phantom baby kicks sound kind of creepy :)

Nell, let us know you if end up changing the spelling. Honestly, I like both.

I saw my ob today, the baby is no longer transverse, but back to being breech. She's moving clockwise though, so hopefully she'll continue to turn and stop with her head at 6 o'clock. If not, I will have a C section in 3 weeks, I don't think I want a version after talking to my doc and reading about Chloe's experience with it.

Wow, cat, working for the government and getting no paid leave?? I would have thought they would have the best benefits!

Daycare around here is about $220/week, and we can takes $5000 pre tax to help with it, but that only covers about 5 months a year. Low income families can get assistance, However.

Sorry baby is breech, Katie. C section wasn't the worst thing in the world. Gives you a good excuse to be waited on for a while :)

Gabby had her vaccines today. Poor thing screamed like I have never heard before. But I gave her what I now call the magic boob and it put her right to sleep. She has pretty much been asleep all day since the doctors, and is now down for the night (i hope!)

Chloe - glad your vax went well! We had ours yesterday as our dr does an accelerated schedule due to the whopping cough scares. He cried more for the alcohol swab before the shots than the actual shots. He slept well for his naps and at night, really didn't notice any side effects. Hope you have a good night ahead of you too!

Aw so upsetting I bet having to take your Lo's for their injections :(

Katie that's good news, I read they can deliver breech normally if its bum down rather than feet down? Or have they said that's not an option? FXd baby keeps turning!

Magic boob chloe! :haha:

x

Thought I'd share a bump pic, 34+2. And please ignore the dog on the bed behind me!! :haha: x

Attachments

• IMAG0978.jpg
    IMAG0978.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 7
You look great!! Getting close! And beautiful dog :)

Love the dog on the bed, MrsP! And, of course, love the bump too :flower:
I don't think they would deliver a breech baby naturally. I've been told that this work of art has been lost and nowadays here a breech baby means a version and/or a C section. The girl is moving a lot though, so we'll see. I've come to peace with both options. Here's my bump, I finally took a picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5
Thanks ladies! We love our dog :) Katie that's a lovely bump! Quite a difference in size between us for 2 weeks! :) x

What lovely bumps you both have :) i sort of miss mine. I hope i get to be pregnant again one day.
Mrspttc you have a lab?! Gorgeous! Me too, i have two :)

Chloe / daydream , hope your LO's are ok post shots? Layla had hers a coupleof weeks back, she wailed but only like she does with her gut pains...the GP said reflux babies mums are used to seeing their babes in pain so not shocked at vacc time, which as you can imagine really upset me.

Afm: is it wrong i've taken to training my baby like i would my dogs?! Layla hates me putting a hat on her, she cries for over half an hour after and gets in a real state - real tears flow too :( She already cries so much anyway that i hate doing anything to add to it. So the last few days i have been putting her hat on as i feed her, she can't multi task and so totally accepts it. now hat = nom noms she is getting a positive association. If i could click and treat i would!

That is brilliant! Harrison is doing great after his shots, didn't really notice any difference. Tonight he shocked us by going down for bed easy and sleeping almost five hours during his first spurt when usually he does one two hour spurt first. I kept expecting him to wake up so didn't want to go to sleep, I really should have!

The shots also didn't really upset me, but because it was nothing compared to how he cried when they put the IV in the other week before his surgery.

That is brilliant! Harrison is doing great after his shots, didn't really notice any difference. Tonight he shocked us by going down for bed easy and sleeping almost five hours during his first spurt when usually he does one two hour spurt first. I kept expecting him to wake up so didn't want to go to sleep, I really should have!

The shots also didn't really upset me, but because it was nothing compared to how he cried when they put the IV in the other week before his surgery.

I bet the iv really burt, brave little boy - and mom too.
I know what you mean about waiting awake in the night, i do too, The first night she ever sleeps throughi'll probably have been waiting all night for her to stir!

:rofl: Nell! Well if it work then train her like a dog! :haha: I'm sure dog training can work on children as well as babies :)

Yep my lab is 3 now. How have yours been with Layla?

x

Mine are 6 and 3 and both have been great. The eldest loves toys, soft cuddlies best but also squeaky and muscial ones too.....so all Laylas christmas gifts he thought were for him, bless.
They both get a little fed up of the crying some days and go to their beds in another room, but other than that nothing has really changed which is good :)

Good to hear :) I'm sure ours will be fine, it's in their breed to be good with kids & he's soft as muck :thumbup: I'm a bit concerned about the cuddly toy thing though, ha ha x

Mine are 6 and 3 and both have been great. The eldest loves toys, soft cuddlies best but also squeaky and muscial ones too.....so all Laylas christmas gifts he thought were for him, bless.
They both get a little fed up of the crying some days and go to their beds in another room, but other than that nothing has really changed which is good :)

Mine do the same! We accidentally left one out in the living room one night and I don't think she minded one bit. She was happily sleeping in her bed.

Also my dogs are dying to get a hold of Sophie the Giraffe bc it squeaks. Once Harrison actually can play and carry it around, I'm afraid it may have a short life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->