From where have you scored the best bargains?

amber2727

Reaction score
Hi there! My hubs and I are on a budget and also feeling that if baby outgrows everything maybe we should save money now. i was just inspired by a thread i was just reading of someone buying 12 muslins from ebay for like £12! (my big splurge was for the aden and anais swaddle blankets.)

anyway, where did you get the best bargains and for what baby item?

Angelsounds movement and sound monitor reduced to £37 in tesco from £129.
3 small avent bottles for £9.99 in tk maxx
Avent steriliser, pump, 6 bottles, bottle bag, brush, milk storage, powder dispenser etc £25 in toys r us
Most of our clothes we've got from Facebook selling pages/gumtree/eBay, spent £50 in total and have a ridiculous amount of gorgeous clothes
Moses basket sheets £1 for pack of 2 in tesco
Bright starts vibrating/musical baby bouncer, was £32.99, £5 off in boots event, use with £5 off voucher from joining baby club, made it £22.99
Widgey feeding pillow £3 from eBay
A&a swaddle for £7 in tk maxx

Lexi - that's amazing! You have put me to serious shame. :dohh: i think i'll go troll the charity shops around the corner tomorrow for clothes. If I drove in the UK, I'd park my ass at TK Maxx, and I've never used the FB selling pages! how does one do that?

I did actually buy a lot of CHEAP clothes at baby gap, target, and the children's place when i was in the US. but now i realize...i live in the UK. those cute vest tops are gonna do nothin' here... gonna buy some legwarmers off ebay now!

I just bought a Medela electric breast pump for $13 from Ebay!
That's my biggest bargain so far.
I'm about to use my Babies R Us registry completion coupon to buy our travel system which is currently on sale for 319 from 379, plus 15% off means I only pay 272 :)

We are in a different country so there is no point in me listing off stores but I haven't bought anything full price. I've sourced what I like then wait patiently for it to go on sale. We have saved a lot of $ this way!

I stalk Craigslist and find amazing deals. The best part is that you can go and see the stuff in person before you decide to buy. Some people really just want to get rid of their things and will even lower a price for you.

Precious little one, eBay, M&S and Argos. I had to buy a lot of stuff from scratch this time but suffice to say I got anything from £5-£40 off almost every item bought, compared to other shops and websites. I also got a lovely Moses basket with brand new luxury mattress for a fiver from a local charity shop, all it needed was a new inner liner/cover which I got a brand new one from eBay for £9.99. M&S are surprisingly cheap for baby clothes, as cheap as or cheaper than primark in some cases and the quality is so much better. My car seat was half price from Argos, and I got several other bargains from there too xx

The Facebook selling pages are great. I just searched "baby items for sale in Norfolk" and loads of different pages come up. People add photos of things they're selling with a price, if you like it, just comment and arrange collection. Charity shops are great for second hand toys. I won't buy second hand soft toys, but anything that's hard plastic that can be sterilised is fine. Also go to any nearly new baby shops/carboots, nct sales. I'm going to see a baby swing today that's over £100 in m&p that someone is selling for £20. I love bargains :)

Home Bargains - baby shaped bath sponge (stop newborns slipping in the bath) £2 priced at £8 in Boots, Chico manicure and beauty set £3, plastic formula dispenses v.cheap too.

My biggest bargain was my pushchair, A Jane Twone. RRP is £550, I managed to get it off a website brand new for £334! It took months of waiting for it to drop like that in price and searching round all different websites :)

Moses Basket - £5 (preloved)
Change table & mat - free (freecycle)

Easyfix Isofix Base - £70 (Mothercare) on sale and £10 iPhone discount

Tommee tippee bottles - few £ (TK Maxx)

Angel Care Sound & Movement - £60 (kiddicare) on sale

12 muslins 75x75cm - £12 (eBay)

Vibrating bouncer - £4 (eBay)

eBay and gumtree. I also get emails from freecycle and got a free angelcare nappy bin, cat net, box of size 3 nappies and old terry towelling nappies (to use for burping/changing mat etc) from freecyclers.

Yesterday I bought a Chicco sling from asda that was £16 down to £9 - I reckon this was a bargain and as my hubby will be the one using it infrequently, it's better than wasting money on something only to be worn for the odd hillwalking trip etc. I have a homemade sling for when she is first born to use at beach and when feeding etc.

Moses basket - £5 from eBay
Brand new Mothercare cot and mattress: £25 from EBay!:happydance:
Brand new advent bottle starter kit: £10 from eBay!
Brand new advent bottle Sterilizer: £12 from eBay!
Sheets: £4 for 2 pack from Asda
Muslin Squares: £12 from eBay (that seller must be getting a roaring trade from us B&B ladies!!!
Brand new pram mattress: £10 from EBay!

My favourite bargain purchase was our nearly new Mama & Papa's Ultima travel system: £100 from, yep you guessed it, eBay!:happydance:

I think eBay is a good place to start, you've just got to keep your eye out as their is so much stuff to look through.

We've bought lots of brand new clothing for our LO but only a handful of things we've paid full price for. I've had bargains from ASDA, Tesco, Matalan even Monsoon you've just gotta look for them on the off chance. We got our Moses basket for £10 which included the stand and the price for it new was probably about £80.

We joined amazon family as its free for 3 months and you get discount codes sent to you every month so we had money off our angelcare monitor and our tommee tippee sterilising kit. When you sign up you get a free nappy bin so it's worth it even for this. After the 3 months it does cost but you just set your profile so your membership doesn't auto renew.

Lastly, baby events I know we've had a few but they are always around.

I've picked up a few bargains ....

Mothercare my4 - RRP - £375, bought for £197 brand new in sale!

Cot, carseat and Moses basket - free from my cousin

Maxi cosi easy fix base - RRP £100 ish, bought for £25 on eBay

Crib and cot bedding - RRP around £100, picked up on eBay for £40

Playmat - RRP £70, picked up again on eBay for £15 in brilliant condition

Bouncer was given to me by a friend of my mums along with a few boxes of clothes

Bought a lot of clothes on here and eBay and also bought some new from next, Asda and tesco...probably spent around £70 I think on clothes :blush: but he's got loads!

eBay is my best friend, I'm constantly looking out for things on there and most are in excellent condition

X

Oh and also nappies wipes etc I've been picking up whenever I've seen them on offers, I've got about 15 packs of wipes that I've probs paid £15 for? All johnsons or Huggies and I have five packs of nappies ranging from size 1 - 3 and from pampers...spent around £25 on them

X

Ive got a lot of bargains from ebay too. I bought a new avent steriliser for £5.
Endless amounts of clothes for a few £.

I bought a 3 month supply box of nappies from tesco for £15!

i bought my pram from gumtree which was hardly ever used!

Avent bottle starter kit was from tesco in the mother and baby event.

Ive also been to carboots and theres tons of baby items at them and they are normally cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->