Frustrated and Doubting my Decisions

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
So today I was going through all the social services stuff for Wisconsin, trying to find the housing assistance section. In my search, I came across the WIC program's section and was really excited to see that there were changes being made. I just quickly skimmed through it and saw that they were going to offer fruit, vegetables, and bread to the WIC packages. I also noticed that they were going to add jarred baby food and less infant cereal. I thought that was great, especially because I have 6 or 7 boxes of unused baby cereal sitting in the cupboard. Well, later, I go back and look into these changes more. Most only affect breastfeeding mothers. That really got me down.

Now, here's the controversial part (and the part I'm doubting). Aiden is/was fully formula fed because within a week of having him I started getting really bad depression and I needed to go back on medication for my bi-polar disorder. The only problem he's even had was that he had a problem with milk early on (so we changed him to soy), which has corrected itself now. I enjoyed that he was formula fed because my OH could help with feedings.

But I've been trying to decide on whether or not to breastfeed for this baby since before I even knew she was there (I figured I'd have more time to research and decide on this decision). And I'm still struggling. One day I want to breastfeed and the next day, I don't. I know the health benefits, but I also know formula has come a long way. I'm not sure if I could manage the time it would take because of having Aiden around (he'll be 17 months). Breastfeeding is something I would like to try, but I'm just not sure if I would be comfortable with it (as horrible as that sounds).

This may also sound really bad, but if I do decide to breastfeed, I will get some more food and stuff that will help out the entire family. And we will need all the help we can get at first.

I'm just so frustrated and my thoughts are all over the place. I need to make a decision soon, but I'm having such a difficult time.

Can anyone help me out or give me some advice?

Breast feeding is not as easy as it looks... With my first I really struggled... I switched him to formula at 6 months... with #2 I breast fed until 1 yr...

It really is a personal choice... do you have access to any classes about breast feeding.. where I live you have the choice to have a nurse come out to visit you a day or 2 after you leave the hospital and help you with any nursing questions or concerns... I have used it for all three and plan to use it on the forth.. maybe you could use some support like that...

I would say that it is hard to breast feed... but if you stick with it... and work on getting the baby to latch correctly it can be a really great thing.... actually more convenient as there is never a bottle to make or wash... :hugs:

There's a class offered at the hospital in june or july that I've been thinking about going to. I think the hospital also has a lactation consultant on staff that makes rounds during the day. And since I'm on WIC, I think they have a lot of support people/groups available. I never really looked into that much when I was pregnant because I knew I wasn't going to breastfeed. Since I have a WIC appointment this week sometime, I'll probably ask them about what kind of support and programs they offer.

I think that would be great... they really helped me a lot... and it is nice to get the help after you leave the hospital and you have relaxed a little more... don't get discouraged if it doesn't come easy... everyone I know has to learn how to do it and is frustrated at first..

And I wasn't as emotional after my second baby either... it isn't as huge of a change.. you are already doing all the things that you will do with the new baby ... and you won't be nearly as nervous... so you may be more relaxed all around... :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->