Frustrated, Impatient!

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by Hayz, Dec 14, 2009.

  1. Hayz

    Hayz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2008
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    As a Taurus one of my positive traits is that I'm meant to be patient. Ha!!!

    I've always been a broody person from about 16 years old. I always knew I wanted children. My mum has been a childminder for 26 years so I've grown up with lots of babies and often helped my mum out.

    I'm now 24 years old and have been with my partner for 4 years. We did live together but after realising that renting was taking all our money and not being able to save for a deposit for our own place we took the very big decision to both move back to our familys. He now lives about an hour away from me. It is really hard and I miss him so much. We see eachother every weekend but it's difficult going backwards.

    I would ideally love to get married before having children but I don't really mind. He says he wants to get married and have a baby but not until we have our own place which I know in my head is right but my heart says different things.

    Most of my friends from school have their own little familys now and I just feel so far behind ( though to be fair a few of them are on benefits which is no way what I want to do).

    We are saving for a deposit for our own place but it's going to take about 3 years to reach. I'll be 28 then.

    Meh, I'm sounding so blimming selfish. Everyone around me seems to be pregnant at the moment. I love helping my mum at home (when I'm not at work) with the kids and am always reminded how much I want my own.

    Plus my partner is so good with children. It melts my heart.

    Sometimes I wish the pill would not work one month and an accident to happen but deep down I don't want that really. I want it all to be planned.

    Argh! Life is so unfair. lol
     
  2. l_sparkle

    l_sparkle 1 Angel-now on a break

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2009
    Messages:
    158
    Likes Received:
    0
    Totally sympathise!

    It’s so hard when you’re broody, but really I think you’re doing the right thing by waiting until you are settled.

    My OH and I were trying (for 6 months) and this weekend we’ve decided it’s best I go back on the pill for a while. This is only because our buyer on our house has pulled out and we didn’t want to lose the new one so we’ve made the decision to put all our savings down as a deposit on the new house and keep the old. It’s just not the right to time now to bring a baby into our situation and it wouldn’t be fair on either of us with the new financial commitments.

    Why don’t you look at things like shared ownership to buy your house, you’ll get a home cheaper and sooner than if you buy 100% at first. You can buy the rest of the house as you can afford it. You can buy maybe 25% and in a few years buy another 25% and so on…

    Just a thought…

    Good luck x
     
  3. Hayz

    Hayz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2008
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks for the reply Sparkle. :)

    I will be looking at all our options but either way we need to get some money together for a deposit. We are on target and I'm pleased we are saving lots of money each month. I just have to be patient it's so hard. lol
     
  4. lovehearts

    lovehearts Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2009
    Messages:
    14,914
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hiya :) my OH always said he wanted to wait untill we had a mortgage before we ttc. As soon as the 100% mortgages went out the weekend i was gutted. Luckily we bought a new home and we only pay 75% and pay the remaining 25% in 5 years and dont even have to pay rent on that share. no deposit needed. so it got us on the property ladder and we are now paying off a mortgage - feels great. We are now WTT as we want a really nice holiday and a bit of savings behind us! I hope you can save your deposit quickly and you can ttc soon xx PS.Sorry for the ramble
     
  5. Hayz

    Hayz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2008
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi lovehearts. :)

    No deposit?? How did you manage that?? :thumbup:

    I will have to look into things more but to be honest it all confused me. :huh:
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice