frustrated negative ovulation tests no periods and pcos :(

jennievictora

James's mommy
Reaction score
hey i suffer from pcos and i havent had a period since october :nope: i started takin angus castus last week and using ovulation tests and all im getting is negatives so far its getting me down :cry: iam also on metformin and due to start clomid in a few months x

I am sorry hang in there! I have gone thru almost 40 OPK test and it has got to where I think I would pass out if I got a positive.

Sorry you are so frustrated... I have PCOS and have not used OPK's cause I believe with PCOS you are wasting money on them as they don't typically work. That being said, if you are having this much trouble, try getting your doc to put you on glucophage/metformin. It is used for diabetes patients and worked wonders on me for getting my cycles back in order... I have started o'ing again and my cycles are more regular now. Good luck!

hey iam already taking metformin i take 500mg 3 times a day and have just started angus castus x

How long have you been on the metformin? Sometimes it takes a bit of time for your body to react to the medicine. I'd say if you've been on it for more than 2 - 3 months, and still haven't bled, then go back to your doctor and let them know.

I also have PCOS and like the other woman above feel that OPKs are somewhat wasteful for us, as they will almost always show up with a faint line for us regardless of what time of the month it is because of our levels of LH due to PCOS. What I found helpful last month was keeping an eye on my cervical mucous -- not tracking it, but just casually noticing. I DID track my BBT which conclusively confirmed that I had ovulated, and that in conjunction with the CM I was experiencing made me certain I had ovulated.

I would highly recommend charting your BBT, as I believe that is one of the only accurate ways to confirm ovulation for women with PCOS, and get a prediction of when it will occurr. Knowledge is power!

Hope that helps!

what is bbt? yeah iv been on metfromin well over 3 months prob a year maybe more :(
i take angus castus started last week which is why using ovulation tests but i just get one line all time :( xx

im xue to start cloid in 3 months trying get an appointment sooner x

what is bbt? yeah iv been on metfromin well over 3 months prob a year maybe more :(
i take angus castus started last week which is why using ovulation tests but i just get one line all time :( xx

BBT is basal body temperature -- it is a way of tracking your fertility. As the hormone levels change throughout your cycle, your waking temperature reflects those hormonal changes. i.e. progesterone is the hormone that takes precidence after you ovulate and causes your temperature to rise.

A lot of people, myself included, use www.fertilityfriend.com as a source for tracking their BBT. This website also has a lot of other valuable information about the hormonal changes, ovulation etc...

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->