frustrated with appointments

bumpbetty

Reaction score
hi Ladies,

I'm 38 weeks now and had anti natel appointment today. I'm in the public system. I thought that today would be a bit more detailed, like measuring babies weight etc but i was in consultants office all of 2 mins, he said he was in a rush and that he was happy with everything.
I had concerns that my blood pressure was up, it was perfect till today but felt brushed off when i asked him about it.
I'm feeling really frustrated. I'd really like to know where everything is at. My gp told me on friday that the head is fully engaged. But again when i mentioned this today consultant said "thats good news then".
Am i just being silly. Is this just normal? It would be so nice after a 3 hr wait to actually come out of an appointment with some info!!

sorry hun its pretty normal. I get scheduled growth scans but if i didnt have those then i wouldnt get scanned when i see my consultant. They dont check how engaged baby.. infact not even my midwife did that at my last appointment.

if my consultant appointment falls when i should be having an ante-natal appointment my bp will be done and urine by a midwife before i see him.. he doesnt say anything about it unless its a major concern. Usually my appointments last 5 minutes at the most (even last week when we were booking my section only lasted 10 minutes and that was mostly spent them on the phone booking my section in) xxx

Pretty normal where I am too unfortunately.

Yep normal here too. I was mad after my midwife appointment when I was 36 weeks along- I was expecting her to be asking if I had a birth plan etc. All I got was regurgitated information about when to call the hospital, they encourage breast feeding blah blah blah.... we paid $80 through the hospital for a parenting/birthing class that ran all day for NOTHING as she told us basically everything the teacher already had!
Then the appointment was over, after waiting 1.5 hours we were in there about 15mins.
Can't tell you how effaced I am, how dilated I am NOTHING as they didn't check like I imagined they would!
Anyway, that is the public health sector for you. :(

It is pretty annoying to wait so long and be rushed in and out within minutes but seems to be common practice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->