Frustrated with Ovulation Test...Any thoughts!!!

Melissa1980

Reaction score
I have been using OPK for the last two month. In December I used the 7 day kit and then bought an additional kit so I tested for about 9 days (in the morning) and never got a positive. I read that testing in the morning isnt ideal so this month I bought Clear Blue Digital and Answer and tested twice a day (7 am and 5 pm) and I am now going on CD 20 expecting to be ovulating but test are still negative. My cycle is around 35 days. Even testing twice a day I am only getting negatives. The control line on Clear Blue is dark and the test line is always faint when I remove it from the holder. Answer control line is faint and there is never a test line showing. Right now I feel like I am ovulating, but not getting a positive. Is it possible I don't produce enough LH even during a surge to get a positive test??? Has anyone had similar problems. Very frustrated....

I was using First Response OPK's and had +++ but when I would Test with the Clear Blue Digital using the same urine sample I never got a smiley face I just bought Answer brand. I'm going to try those see how they work along with the Clear Blue Digital. I thought maybe the CLear Blue are not as sensitive as First response :shrug:

I test at 7am sometimes, I test for sure at 4pm and 10pm, I have not got a positive either. I have not been doing it that long either. I am using the Internet cheapo-s.

Are you sure you're ovulating? Do you track your temps to confirm it? If you're testing twice a day and not getting positives, I'd try tracking temperatures to 1.) Confirm ovulation and 2.) figure out where in your cycle you ovulate. It's possible that you just ovulate earlier or later than you think.

I don't track my temperatures, but I have been using an ovulation calender which says that I am in my fertile window. I just started testing twice a day this month and only have been testing for two months. Last month I just tested in the morning so I figured I may have missed my window. I just started TTC in October and missed my period for the first time ever (of course right when I start trying) due to stress of a new job and studying for a board exam. I didn't get my period again until the beginning of Dec so I am using the ovulation kit to help me figure out when I ovulate. My cycle is around 35 days so maybe it will happen in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"