FSH levels

threebirds

Reaction score
Hi there, well I just got back my first ever FSH test result (from day 3 of this cycle, now on CD22 and 7DPO), and I am wondering how to interpret it. Any advice or comments would be really appreciated.

I rang the clinic and the receptionist looked it up and said the notes say I am not menopausal :thumbup: :thumbup: But I think the result is higher than I would have liked... (although the internet says what is considered high really varies a lot). FSH was 11.4 and LH 4.3

I am 37 and we have been ttc #1 since March 10.

Any thoughts??

And thanks for reading xx

I can only say about FSH levels, my was 12 and i concieved ok - hope that helps

Thanks Chilli, appreciate your posting, and great to know! xx

my highest level was 74 and i now have a gorgeous little boy... conceived naturally.

good luck

Hello
I am new and too have had my first ever FSH and LH levels back. Both were under 6,However, apparently they can change in a new cycle. I am 42 and had a missed miscarriage about seven weeks ago. Reading the posts gives me hope that we will get there! The FSH and LH levels are usually at a 1:1 ratio, Did anyone have their Oestradiol or E2 levels checked as well?

I am going again Wednesday to have a scan and blood tests for FSH,LH and oestradiol as well as anti mullarian hormone or AMH, that is meant to give a picture on ovarian reserve, so fingers crossed. take carex

PS in answer to your question, I had print outs of my results and the normal limit swere 2.4 to 13iu/L for plasma LH and 3.5 to 13 for plasma FSH, hope this helps xx

Hello
I am new and too have had my first ever FSH and LH levels back. Both were under 6,However, apparently they can change in a new cycle. I am 42 and had a missed miscarriage about seven weeks ago. Reading the posts gives me hope that we will get there! The FSH and LH levels are usually at a 1:1 ratio, Did anyone have their Oestradiol or E2 levels checked as well?

I am going again Wednesday to have a scan and blood tests for FSH,LH and oestradiol as well as anti mullarian hormone or AMH, that is meant to give a picture on ovarian reserve, so fingers crossed. take carex

They can vary big quite a large amount from cycle to cycle... my highest for FSH was 74 but then the lowest was 5.5! They take you highest number though when looking at whether you are suitable for ivf so i was pretty snookered there but there is always the hope of naturally concieving as long as you are still producing some eggs.

Mine was 9.9 in may and I conceived July but had mc. They can vary a lot cycle to cycle so amh level much more accurate for ovarian reserve. Good luck:hugs:

Hello

You are so right to have your estradiol and AMH tests done as with a previous doctor they only tested my FSH, LH which came back really good. My FSH was 6 so I was thinking that this was great. After a while I changed my doc and he ran more tests including the estradiol and AMH which showed a completely different picture. My estradiol came back really high at 331 which was suppressing my FSH and giving a false result and the AMH came back at 9.98 pml which is on the low side even for my age (37). The AMH one can be confusing as their is 2 scales of reference in use. So glad I did these other tests as it has given me a more acurate picture of my fertility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->