FTM...Onesies per day?

mzhwd

Reaction score
Hey ladies FTM here and I have purchased a few things, but I'm not sure exactly what I need. I have 4 night gowns (2 with zippers 2 w/o... The bottom is open) and some 0-3 month outfits 13 total including 1 dress, 5 -3mo onesies' 1 nb and 2 -3 month lightweight sleepers. I think that's what you call them the feet are in and you button them up and I have 1 nb sleeper its thick and 1 -3mo sleeper its thick also (both with zippers). I plan on breastfeeding, but I figured I would also get 6 -4oz and 6- 9 oz bottles. What do you guys think???

My babies pretty much only wore onesies in the 5 or so months as they were winter babies and its so much less washing. You can always buy more after baby comes if you feel you dont have enough. I bought bottles when i had to stop breast feeding ( but had 2 or so for pumping etc )

I think you'll probably be doing a lot of laundry with so few onesies and footed jammies. I had like probably around 10 or so onesies, and 10 footed jammies for my daughter in each size 0-3, and 3-6. I never really got her "dressed" in the first 6 months, it was winter and cold, so we stayed snugly warm in comfy warm cloths. Easy to do as a sahm... You might want just a couple more onesie and footed jammies (sleepers). But see how it's going, you might not need as much. I hate doing laundry so I liked being able to go a few days before having to wash her cloths.

My Winter baby was in jammies all the time for probably 4 or 5 months. My Summer baby was in just onsies or a diaper for his first two months, until I had to send my boys to daycare.

My Summer baby, tended to over eat and it was guaranteed after each feeding he'd spit up a good amount and usually needed a change. It's hard to know what size you'll need before your baby is born though, but you'll probably need more of whatever you plan on keeping your baby in.

I would definitely struggle with that amount. It takes me ages to dry clothes though so maybe that's why. I have at least 10 short sleeve vests in each size, 10+ onesies and then some day clothes. A lot of this is hand-me-down stuff mind you!

Where we stay is cold (hence difficulty drying as we have no space for a drier!) so baby will sleep in a vest, an onesie, a cardigan and in a baby sleeping bag. During the day she will be in her nicer onesies most days but I will dress her when we go out somewhere that she needs to be dressed for!

I'd have at least 2 sleepers and 2 onesies per day avaliable. Specially if your baby is born in winter. All my babies were born in the winter and we never went anywhere so I did have a couple outfits on hand but sleepers are comfy for a newborn. Bottles Id drop down to 4-4oz bottles just because you only use them for a short period of time. I also wash bottles every night, so if your not good with keeping up with dishes keep the 6;) I have 6-9 ozs bottles now and it works out great!

Thanks for the info ladies. I think I will get 10-14 onesies in each size. Hopefully I'll only have to wash once a week. Where I am it's hard to gauge the type of winter we'll have. I'm definitely expecting it to get cold and I want to be prepared than not and end up snowed in or something idk lol

I can always remember when my DD was a baby we had gone out for the day and she suddenly spit up all her milk over not only herself but me. To my utter dismay I had already changed her and had no clean clothes for her. After taking off my soaked hoodie I then wrapped her in my T-shirt and then in her blankets and she was happy as a clam. I frooze my bum off in jeans and a waterproof.
Haha... Point being after I carried so many onesies I could have stocked a small shop.

I would say on average 2 full outfits per day. I don't know where you are, but in the UK when it's cold you are meant to put a vest (no legs or arms) and a onesie on top. So 2 of each per day at least. Nappies leak, they bring up even a tiny bit of milk the top part is wet and starts smelling quite quickly.
Also at least 2 muslins per day. You'll use them everywhere and for everything!
With my first I'm sure I washed every day. As my hormones were raging and bf was establishing I would sweat like a pig! I kid you not - I had sweat trickling down me as I fed. So I went through at least 2 night gowns myself a day.

In terms of size - it's hard to predict with your first. My daughter was 8lb2 at birth and Newborn size only lasted her about 2-3 weeks. Then she moved into 0-3 months.

So personally I would only get a few bits in Newborn size as it is possible you won't even use them! Get most things in 0-3, and if baby is small, someone can always pop out and get some smaller bits for you.

I'd need a picture to go with all the names for baby clothing items, I'm so lost!

Onesies, vests, sleepers, jumpsuits, singlets, nighties....There's already a language barrier for me, but this is too much x'D

Id also go with at least 10 vests and 10 onesies/sleep suits.

My 1st was a winter baby and stayed in onesies for the first few months, my 2nd was a spring baby and I generally was more organised so he was dressed in trousers and a long sleeved top most days!

It also depends on baby, my 2nd had lip tie so would dribble lots of milk when he fed. I ended up having to use muslin cloths as bibs so got through quite a few of those everyday.

I would have 7-10 onesies and the same amount of footed pajamas as well as a couple of cute actual outfits. My son was in nb clothes until he was 3 months old and there would be days he would go through almost 10 onesies and there were periods where I swear I could keep him in the same outfit for weeks without having to change him. It is honestly a day to day basis.

I'm in Georgia in the US and had baby in May so hot outside but air conditioned inside, so kept her in thin sleep and plays (the one piece zip up with feet) most of the time. Get the zip and not the snap if you can. Snapping at 2am, uggg. I used the thicker sleep and plays in winter. They are comfy for baby and so easy. I used onsies too but my daughter would scream the house down when I put anything over her head so finally realized I could stretch the neck and put her feet thru and pull it up that way. She was rarely in an outfit during those first few months. Also, you never know what size until they're born. Daughter was 5 weeks early so spent ages in newborn sizes. I had a few of the gowns too as my sister LOVED those with her kids, but again, mine would scream anytime anything had to go over her head so I gave up on those. They are easy though, especially during a night time diaper change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->