FTM'S and stretchmarkssss

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
Who's already getting them?? They started showing up at 22 weeks and in one week they went crazy! I was hoping i wouldnt get them i have really bad self image issues and right now they dont bug me but im scared of how ill feel about them after i have my baby when my uterus shrinks back...is my skin right there going to be saggy and gross, will i ever feel confident in a 2 piece, how long will i be too embarrassed to have my shirt off around my OH?! (those questions and more run through my head everytime im rubbing lotion on my mommy scars)

What are things that you plan to do to keep your confidence?

I am going to try to work out (ive always been horrible about keeping a routine so we'll see)
Sun tanning to reduce there color and visibility
and MOISTURIZE like crazy and hope it helps!

if all else fails buy some really cute one pieces..

I have some of that ill have to use when im not pregnant cause it stinks too bad i cant bare the smell lol!

Who's already getting them?? They started showing up at 22 weeks and in one week they went crazy! I was hoping i wouldnt get them i have really bad self image issues and right now they dont bug me but im scared of how ill feel about them after i have my baby when my uterus shrinks back...is my skin right there going to be saggy and gross, will i ever feel confident in a 2 piece, how long will i be too embarrassed to have my shirt off around my OH?! (those questions and more run through my head everytime im rubbing lotion on my mommy scars)

What are things that you plan to do to keep your confidence?

I am going to try to work out (ive always been horrible about keeping a routine so we'll see)
Sun tanning to reduce there color and visibility
and MOISTURIZE like crazy and hope it helps!

if all else fails buy some really cute one pieces..

The suntaning is going to make your skin look worse in the long run. I'd use sun tan lotions if anything.

Tanning will make them MORE noticable. When they fully heal they will be pale and thin. Tanning will make the pale scars stand out more. The scars also tend to burn easier, possibly because the skin is already damaged and thinned. I don't wear two pieces anymore. It bothered me a little at first (as change always does) but I don't miss showing midriff anymore. It's not really important to me.

They look better after a while and you get used to them. Your SO will get used to them too. Stretchmarks themselves do not lead to saggy skin. One can have stretched out, hanging skin that is flawless in every other way or could also have taunt, tight skin that is covered in stretchmarks. Or anything in between or completely different. I got terrible stretchmarks but the skin firmed back up fine afterwards except very low right above my c-section scar. My later weight gain/loss/gain/loss led to more loose skin than pregnancy did. Good luck and don't worry about it :)

I didn't really have to deal with this with my 1st pregnancy so I'm hoping I won't have to this time either. However, I do know that gaining weight slowly helps. Along with drinking plenty of water. Unfortunately, some of it is also genes. I'm sure any marks that you do get will fade in time. Don't be self conscious, you earned them :)

I've been gaining weight slowly, but that didn't stop the stretchmarks on my ever-engorging ta-ta's lol. I hate them, and have been rubbing oil on them in hopes I'll barely be able to see them once their more healed.

I've been gaining weight slowly, but that didn't stop the stretchmarks on my ever-engorging ta-ta's lol. I hate them, and have been rubbing oil on them in hopes I'll barely be able to see them once their more healed.

My boobs look like they have been attacked by a tiger or something! The stretch marks on them are awful. I already had a lot because I got big boobs and fast during puberty but those marks had since faded so much they are hardly noticeable but now pregnancy growth has given me a ton more and large ones! I am sure they will fade just like the others but for now it looks awful. My husband hardly wants to touch them because he says they look painful and doesn't want to hurt me (since they are so red). I only have one large stretch mark on my stomach around where I had a belly button piercing. I hope I don't get more but if I do I am sure I'll learn to live with them, I hardly ever see myself without a shirt on so it shouldn't bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->