full bladder for 12 week scan?

flutterbylge

Riley's mummy & expecting
Reaction score
hi ladies me again, the pregnancy dummy :)

I have my 12 week scan on tuesday, but it didnt say in the letter whether i should go with full bladder or not. I am just wondering cos when i had a private scan at 7+3, i had to have a full one.

thank you very much xx:hug:

Yeah hun it's best if you're bladder's full on all your scans
Good luck!
x

Drinking a pint of fluid is fine, you dont need it full to the brim lol

Better to go with a fuller one than an empty one :)

thank you, will have to be full cos i cant stop drinking water anyway :) i hope you ladies are all ok xxxxx

Mine was bursting, I almost weed on the floor!! But its best to be full or they'll tell you off lol! x

Good Luck with your scan - hope it goes really well :hugs:

Can I just suggest you ask if there's any delay on appointments when you arrive especially if it looks a bit busy. I wasn't told that there was a forty minute wait beyond my appointment time and as we got there early and I'd had a pint of water an hour before we got there I was uncomfortable for ages then ended up having to go to the toilet and down a load more water.....

x

I think they can see it tons better if you do drink up! I almost wet myself when they pressed on my belly. But, got excellent pictures! lol

if your bladder isnt' full enough they will have you drink more water and wait again...... best to go in after drinking that pint of water 1 hour before!

my 12 week scan letter just says to make sure i've not gone to the toilet for an hour beforehand

oh thanks everyone for your replies, it really helps. our appointment is at 8.30 in the morning so i think we are the first ones, shouldnt wait for too long. will post the pics after work on tuesday xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->