Full blood count question

lisalove

Reaction score
I am not in 3rd tri yet but thought you guys would have a better idea than some of the 2nd tri'ers.. Anyway I was under the impression that your 2nd full blood count is done on or around 28 weeks. Is this right?

The reason I am asking is that I went to the drs this morning as I have Laryngitis and started to get dizzy spells I wasnt sure if they were related to that or pregnancy and didnt want to take any risks. The verdict was that I need to get my FBC done, I am only 21 + 2. I didnt think too much about it to ask why, but after coming away and pondering... I thought that its a bit earlier than normal.

Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks

Yep 28 weeks - i would see your gP if you think you need a FBC now rather than your mw assuming your gp meant to ask your m/w.
You would still get it at 28 weeks too I imagine.

Thanks for your reply.

He did mean I need to get it done now. I have the form in my bag. He said I looked too unwell to go up to the hospital today (with my 3 other kiddies in tow), and to wait until I feel a bit better later on in the week. My dh has booked some days off from Weds so I will go and get it done then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->