Full term! (37 weeks) feeling miserable :( update

Lexi, I hope you have your baby soon!!! We have almost same due date, as Ive been following you since the beginning. Keep us updated! Try to relax however! I know its hard. Ever since I had 36 weeks I feel like ive been hit with a mac-truck (TERRIBLE.) It really is true every woman hits a wall in their pregnancy when they are just over it!!!

Good luck Lexi - I hope you're holding your perfect little bundle soon x

Lexi I'm so pleased to hear you've made it to full term! Hoping the midwife is right and fingers crossed labour will be starting soon :hugs:

Bern to the midwife, baby is now 3/5ths engaged, she was 2/5ths on Thursday, so my ball bouncing is helping! She's not sure, but thinks I might be in the early stages of labour. She's told me to come home, and go to bed. So just went and bought snacks for my hospital bag, peeled the potatoes for dinner, and I'm now curled up in bed. The symptoms I've had today are: awful back pain that woke me up at 5am, extremely loose bowels 5 times before 2pm, raised blood pressure and just not feeling right. I know it could all mean nothing though. Going to have an hours nap, cook dinner, and soak in the bath. Got a headache coming on, but think its just tiredness. Midwife is coming to my house tomorrow to double check my blood pressure again and check up on me, she did say if I don't have the baby tonight, but I'm not convinced things will happen quite that quickly!! Fingers crossed this is the start!! xx

May your womb be covered by the precious blood of Jesus Christ AMEN!!

Nothing else seems to be happening tonight. Just a killer headache :( fell asleep for a few hours and oh successfully managed to cook dinner :) just feel like I could sleep for a week. Thank you so much for all the kind thoughts. Really does mean a lot x

Hope it happens quickly for you, good luck!!
I think i'v prob missed a thread somewhere but whats the hospital situation for you at the mo? Are you able to deliver at the N&N or is it already closed?
Xx

The n&n is closing delivery suite on 8th June. Hoping I can deliver there before then. They'll still be taking women in for deliveries after that date, but you'll be labouring on a normal ward, and giving birth either in a small room off the ward, or on the ward itself. That all means no birthing pools and only one birthing partner. Really hoping this little lady makes her arrival in the next week!! xx

The n&n is closing delivery suite on 8th June. Hoping I can deliver there before then. They'll still be taking women in for deliveries after that date, but you'll be labouring on a normal ward, and giving birth either in a small room off the ward, or on the ward itself. That all means no birthing pools and only one birthing partner. Really hoping this little lady makes her arrival in the next week!! xx

Complete sideline - but I had no idea that this was happening at NNUH. I've been bumped from MLBU to DS due to birthweight this time, and if that's the setup I'm not happy! I don't blame you for wanting your LO out by then at all, especially given all your other risk factors. I'm meeting my MW on monday so will talk about my issues then. Just wanted to say good luck!!!!! My tips from being in slow labour last time....walks to get the contractions going, plenty to eat and drink when you can, rest when you can, and watch your fave movie NOW as you wont see it in it's entirity for a few years yet (well, I'm still waiting lol) :thumbup:

good luck lexi, Im so glad you've made it to term, Ill totally be stalking bnb now for your successful birth story :) hurry up little baby xx

Thinking of u lexi, hope baby comes soon so u have the birth u want xx

Complete sideline - but I had no idea that this was happening at NNUH. I've been bumped from MLBU to DS due to birthweight this time, and if that's the setup I'm not happy! I don't blame you for wanting your LO out by then at all, especially given all your other risk factors. I'm meeting my MW on monday so will talk about my issues then. Just wanted to say good luck!!!!! My tips from being in slow labour last time....walks to get the contractions going, plenty to eat and drink when you can, rest when you can, and watch your fave movie NOW as you wont see it in it's entirity for a few years yet (well, I'm still waiting lol) :thumbup:

I think its awful how they haven't told people. From 8th June you'll be on cley ward. They're doing refurbishments to delivery suite, but they must of known about it for months!! Think they're just hoping women will ring up in labour and by then you've got no choice!!

I don't drive, so I do a lot of walking anyway. I might watch a few films today! Just got to stay in and wait for the midwife, which could be anytime. Helpful!! Still got lower back ache today and had a few mild twinges under my bump/hips. Thankfully my headaches gone. Just a waiting game I guess. Sometimes I wish they'd do internals here so at least you'd know if anything was happening!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->