Full term tomorrow! Anyone else due late January and wanna wait it out together?!

Congrats!! Hope everything goes well!! Well 6 days overdue, officially more overdue than my daughter was. Trying to stay positive but I've had a few emotional breakdowns:/. Because I'm so overdue my doula has to cancel our contract because she starts schooling and clinicals Monday. So no doula for me unless I go into labor tonight. But no signs. A mom at my daughters preschool is a massage therapist and booked me for a free massage today. She is going to work some pressure points. Enciente2012, has your dr talked about induction? Any plans??

I know I haven't been posting here before, but just wanted to say hello to the other jan people still pregnant! I was due 25th jan, so I'm 41+1 today. Have agreed with the hospital not to induce unless medically necessary in the hopes of avoiding another c-section, so I'm just waiting for nature to take its course. I was in early labour with DS we reckon at 41+6, so I'm hoping LO makes an appearance some time in the next 7-10 days, but who knows!

Hope people aren't too uncomfortable. I'm feeling a bit bruised and my bladder is so squashed its unreal, but I'm doing ok overall. Ready for baby to be earth side now though, there's no room left in me!

Managed to get home with anti biotics to take for 10 days. Very sore and bottle feeding :blush:

This is a picture of ma boy.....going to try and catch up in the morning with all the posts!

Hope you are all well and there aren't too many still waiting.

:flower:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 3
Aww so cute! Tankmom no real chat of induction yet, I'm in the uk and low risk so under the care of a midwife, not a doctor. I get the impression they're not keen at all to induce until 42 weeks. I have another midwife appt on Monday for an attempt at a sweep and if that doesn't work I may be booked for an induction next weekend. So hope I go before that!!

Right so woke up at 10 to 2 with cramp and think its contractions, every 15 minutes and quite toe curling but they do subside. Here's hoping its the start!

Well Isla Elizabeth was born 2/2/13 weighing 7lb 13oz. We're still in the hospital at the minute but i was only here a hour before she was born ! Will post details later. She's beautiful she looks just like hefty brother did:)

Congratulations Bert! Sounds like you didn't have a lot of time to spare!

Congrats berticles21!!
Enciente2012- im with a midwife also but she was talking about an induction at 42 weeks (next sunday).

My midwife called today to talk about using some homeopathics and castor oil today. Because i have my ultrasound tomorrow theres a chance they could tell me that i need to be induced sooner rather than later which means i would have to go to a hospital instead of the birthing center i have picked out. (they wont let you give birth there if your passed 42 weeks or if you are considered any more than a low risk at any time.) So if even one thing is slightly off , like fluid levels or anything they could tell me i need to deliver at a hospital.So if he came out before my ultrasound that would be ideal.

Bethany Patricia finally arrived this morning at 11.01am weighing 9lb. I got my water birth and we're home now. Photo etc to be added later. Congrats berticles and hope this was it for you enceinte!

Yes! We welcomed our daughter (as yet nameless) this morning at 8.21am. I had a bit of a traumatic birth with a 30 hour labour. However we are both still here. More detail and hopefully a name to follow tomorrow?

So how many of us are still waiting for LO to make an appearance?

My little man was born at 430am today weighing 8lbs 15 oz 20 in long. He's healthy and such a quiet baby! My daughter is in love :)

Bethany Patricia finally arrived this morning at 11.01am weighing 9lb. I got my water birth and we're home now. Photo etc to be added later. Congrats berticles and hope this was it for you enceinte!

Great news ayh! I am glad it worked out the way you wanted.

Yes! We welcomed our daughter (as yet nameless) this morning at 8.21am. I had a bit of a traumatic birth with a 30 hour labour. However we are both still here. More detail and hopefully a name to follow tomorrow?

30 hours, wow! Sorry to hear that it was rough, but congratulations on your daughter.

My little man was born at 430am today weighing 8lbs 15 oz 20 in long. He's healthy and such a quiet baby! My daughter is in love :)

Yay! Maybe that castor oil worked! So glad you could avoid induction and things happened on their own.

Here goes the full story - Carina Rose was eventually born at 8.21am on Monday 4th Feb Started labouring at 2am Saturday night/Sunday morning. Had a homebirth planned so just chilled with hubby had an aromatherapy bath and some toast. Contractions moved from 15 minutes apart and mild to about 5 minutes apart and strong but bearable by 3pm. Midwife had popped in and out but at 3 did an internal and I was 3-4cm dilated, so in established labour. Contractions got gradually stronger and more frequent which I coped with using hypnobirthing techniques and gas and air. Because i wasnt dilating any further the MW broke my waters at about 9pm. I didnt find it painful, but the contractions got MUCH more intense. By 11pm I had been in labour for 21 hours. Was managing contractions but every third one would be really painful to the point I was literally screaming in agony and gas and air wasn't even taking the edge off it!! I still hadn't dilated any further so we decided to transfer to hospital as I was quickly becoming exhausted.

Got to hospital and I was literally screaming, the poor staff!! They gave me a morphine jag (which did NOTHING for the pain) and organised an epidural. This had been something I really didn't want but honestly, it was so bad I would have let them cut me in half and remove baby!! By about 1am the epi was in, along with a syntocin drip to help me dilate. Hubby and I were given a few hours to rest in a private delivery suite whilst all this took effect. At 6.30 I was fully dilated and started to 'push', however after 26 hours of labour and the epidural the pushing was just not effective so they decided to transfer me to theatre for either a forceps delivery or a c-section.

I prayed not to have the section. Carina Rose was born with help of forceps at 8.21. Didn't go according to plan but I'm glad I tried for a homebirth although it didn't work out for us. The baby is beautiful and I am loving being a mum much more than I expected to!

Sounds like congratulations for most of us now!
patch2006uk - how are you doing? Are you still waiting?

I've finally got round to writing Bethany's birth story - there's a link on my signature for those who are interested.

I'm still hanging on in here. 42 weeks tomorrow. Got another consultant app to see where we go from here - my instinct is to leave everything alone as long as me and bubs are doing ok (which thankfully so far we are) and hopefully things will kick into action over the weekend. Fortunately my doula totally understood how likely I was to go miles over, so she's still on call for me until 43 weeks, rather than the usual 42 :)

LO's wiggles are really quite uncomfortable now, but physically and mentally I'm doing fine. My husband is finally off work now, too, so I've got some help with DS from tomorrow.

Just uber jealous of all the 37/38 weekers starting to post birth stories. There's a queue ladies! :haha: ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->