Full term?

gilliankelly

Reaction score
OK, some sources tell me a pregnancy is full term at 37-weeks, other sources tell me it's 38-weeks, and other sources tell me it's 40-weeks, although I'm a tad suspicious of it being 40-weeks (isn't that just the average of when women go into spontaneous labour?)

When is full term?

Sorry i dont know but I have always wanted to know this too!

As if I gave birth at 35 weeks for eg that surely isnt classed as premature?:wacko:

I think full term counts at 37 weeks onwards. Thats what ive read anyways :D

I was told they dont grown anymore after 37 weeks, though I dont know how true this actually is!
I know girls who have given birth at 35 weeks and within 3 days the baby was at home- so I dunno!!!!

My MW told me that when u go over due ur buba can gain upto 1lb a week!:wacko:

You are classed as "full term" at 37wks your bubs is classed as prem if born before.

Madeleine was born at 36 and classed as a "prem" Baby ...

xxx

You are classed as "full term" at 37wks your bubs is classed as prem if born before.

Madeleine was born at 36 and classed as a "prem" Baby ...

xxx
But did maddie look like every other full term baby, regardless of being 1 week of being full term?

Both my kids were tiny at birth and small weights but looked perfect!

xxx

It's ironic; I know a few women who are being induced at 38-weeks, and my doctor might be inducing me at 38-weeks, and I wonder, why 38-weeks as opposed to 37-weeks? Why is 38-weeks such a milestone???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->