Fumes, now I am freaking out worried

micheala9

Reaction score
Hi Fellow Bumpers,
Strange event happened at my house and now I am soooo worried. I am 5 wks and 4 days pregnant.

3 days ago I was laying in bed in my little house, and I began to smell something strong, like a sharpie. I had used a sharpie earlier so I thought that the smell was stuck in my nose and I am being way over sensitive. I had written a small one sentence note with the sharpie.
The smell continued to become more intense so I pulled the blanket over my head for about 2 minutes, I would put my head out and it was so strong that I finally went and opened the windows and doors. I took a nap. about 2 hours later I went to chinese food and then came home and the house still smelled horrible, like solvents!!????
I opened the door again, and concluded that I must be crazy where the heck would solvents be coming from...Then my dh came home and said, wth what is that smell!!! I said I dont know its horrible. Well turns out a bottle of brake cleaner, for some unknown reason, in our perfectly cool house, released its chemicals! Am I overreacting! I called poison control, I am so worried. poison control said specifically exposure under 12 weeks is the worst, but "im probably okay"..I told my nurse, and she seemed concerned, but wrote it down with her eyebrow wrinkled. This is my first baby and now I feel poisoned. oh god :(

Wow, that is strange! I wouldnt be too worried tho. I've talked to woman who work in nail salons and stuff who are exposed to fumes. My sister lived in an apartment above a busy garage and it wasn't until the end of her pregnancy she learned that was a bad thing lol. a few weeks down the road youll forget all about it and have a healthy baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->