Fun activities?

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
I have a 2 year old little girl and 5 month old baby boy and in need of some fun things we can do that arent very costly.

We go to the park when the weather is nice but since neither me or my husband drive going places is hard work on buses with a double pram. Money is also tight atm as my husbands contract ended a few weeks ago and im on MAT leave. What sort of things can we do at home? need some inspiration xx

We get some lining paper and then put big squirts on paint on them, then put cling films over the top and tape the edges so that paint can't come off. Then walk and scoot on top of it. Like body painting but no mess!

We also print off pictures (or draw them) of things we can go outside and find together, like orange leaves, a spider, conkers and things like that depending on the season or where you live.

Bowls of water and food dye with soap to create some bubbles

Make cornflake cakes

Pound land do some cute little craft sets too!

Argos book and some toddler scissors so she can make a collage.

Stencils to draw round

Hand/foot paint prints (we use cut up potatoes too for stamps)

I also ask dd to help with the cleaning which she actually finds fun! She'll have a sponge or something and clean with me.

You could make some sensory play with your children too, with pasta and rice and glitter put into old pop bottles as musical instruments

Xxx

Empty recycling and do junk modelling with whatever in there using sellotape and glue. We make robots and rockets.

Get a washing bowl and was her teddys or dolls with a sponge. Any of her plastic food she loves cleaning.

I hide toys around the house she has to find. She goes round with a bucket to collect them up.

Make cakes from one of those already mixed boxes in asda cost £1.

Make a den. Chairs and sheets and cusions. Have lunch inside it!

Take a kite to the park.
Sometimes the simple free ideas they get lots more pleasure out of than the payed activities as they get that 121 attention. X

Brilliant idea. Thank you! We tried her at the local playgroup but she hated it. Too many bigger kids pushed her about so will leave that a little longer. Never thought of using recycling. We have tonnes of boxes and bits of paper as just moved house. Will try that tomorrow, she will love it.

Thanks again x

We did lots of sticking at that age as ds1 could only make so much mess with stickers. I also find Poundland has loads of good arts and crafts all the time.

Slightly more expensive but ds1 also had an aqua doodle mat and a decent etcha-sketch. Again ds1 loved them and there's not much mess he can make

I bought for mine amazing indoor playground from ezplaytoys I never saw my kid so happy. It is safe and you can always relax watching your child playing.

We got pasta shells and painted them all different colours (took over an hour!) Then the next day when dry we threaded them onto thread and made necklaces. Some of the pasta we painted didnt have holes woops so we then did a picnic for her dolls and fed them the painted pasta.
We also made necklaces out of cut up straws too.

Other things my daughter enjoys is basically any type of painting/crafts/playdoh/sand i do all of these whilst my baby naps. When my baby is awake we tend to get iut of the house usually a toddlers group or out at the park

Perhaps instead of a double stroller, try a baby carrier and a folding umbrella stroller? That sure makes getting around by bus easier! And when you're going by bus, the bus itself can be an adventure at that age. Perhaps there's a play group or a library story time you could take them to. Maybe try different playgrounds?

Edit: OK, you said at home.. Guess that wasn't too helpful. But if you're in an area with bus service, there should be lots of options! I sort of miss living in an area with good bus service. I like taking the bus.

Lol this is a thread from 2016, revived by the troll trying to promote indoor playgrounds ...

Lol this is a thread from 2016, revived by the troll trying to promote indoor playgrounds ...

Haha, woops! I didn't pay attention to the dates or the posts after the initial post. I suppose the original poster has figured things out by now ;)

When i read it i did think hmm thought her kids were older haha woops!!

lol thanks for the ideas though! Yup kids now 4 and 2.5, no longer needing a pram for either and have a car. Both parents working so all very different now. Crazy looking back ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->