Fundal height measuring ahead?

KeepingHope12

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm kinda confused on what is 'normal' and what isn't for fundal height. I went to my appointment today and my fundal height is at 33cm, but I'm only 29+5. Is this normal? My doctor isn't very chatty but he didn't seem too concerned. In fact, he didn't say anything besides my belly is starting to get really firm. So, what can make me measure so far ahead and is it something that I should be concerned about? TIA! :flower:

I'm not really 100% as I always just go with the flow with my girls but this pregnancy I feel off so I've been asking more I'm a little bigger so my dr is giving me another ultrasound on the 24th but I also told her I'm not feeling right this time so I think that's part of it

It could be a lot of water or just not good measuring. My consultant said measuring like that is so crap and they yeah them all to measure 3 times and just take the average if they are in doubt. When are you seeing your midwife? X

Also they told me I was big and I forgot to ask the dr so I just called when I got home the first time so just call

it's somewhat normal anything +/-4cm (weeks) normal, buttttt- with that said most practioners will do some deeper checking for more than 2-3 weeks (cm). i'm also measuring bigger-3 weeks to be exact and yesterday measured in at 35 weeks so he has ordered a gestational size/age u.s. for next tues to see what's going on- he already checked fluid via u.s. but he said he didn't do them enough to check fetal size-but fluid was right where it should be, and he said he could maybe give a week to placenta (was posterior, but is now near top of bump).

i'm sure your not worried-and don't just yet- i'm willing to bet that your provider will probably be doing some more checking into it if your still measuring bigger here in a couple weeks! hang in there girlie!

Thanks for all of your replies! I go back for my next appointment in 2 weeks, so if I'm still measuring ahead, I'll be asking some questions and see if I need to get a growth scan. My last appointment (4 weeks ago), I was measuring on track. I did a little more searching around online and like some of the responses I got on here, it doesn't seem to be a totally accurate way to measure, so again, I'm not too worried about it. Just kind of took me by surprise, lol. If she is indeed measuring at 33 weeks, does that mean she will be early or I will have a massive baby? This is my 1st so I'm not sure what to expect. :shrug:
Thanks again, ladies! :flower:

I measured ahead at my last appointment and also at today's appointment. My doctor wanted to wait to see if I measured ahead twice in a row before referring me for a growth ultrasound. She didn't seem concerned about it at all and suggested that it is most likely related to baby's positioning or extra fluid. In fact, she talked as though we are lucky that we're measuring ahead because it means another ultrasound.

Have you had any glucose tolerance tests (for gestational diabetes)? Just that I was measuring fine then suddenly ahead, turned out I had GD. Which wasn't that complicated to deal with and baby wasn't all that huge at birth :).

Yesterday I was 29 weeks and 6 days and the doctor measured me at 33cm. I also passed my glucose test the week before and she scheduled me for an ultrasound on Monday april 15. So I guess we will find out what is causing me to measure ahead and I hope it is nothing bad. I feel worried and I cant wait until we find out what it is.

Im measuring about 3 weeks ahead and im 29 weeks now.
My doctor didnt seem worried at all as my sugar levels came back okay.
I see my OB in 3 weeks when I will be 32 weeks, so he will measure me again, I guess if I measure ahead then, he will send me for a growth scan to check how big the baby is.

I dont think there is anything to worry about if your doc is not worried and your sugar levels are fine, closer to the time if you are sitll measuring ahead you will prbly get a growth scan.

Have you had any glucose tolerance tests (for gestational diabetes)? Just that I was measuring fine then suddenly ahead, turned out I had GD. Which wasn't that complicated to deal with and baby wasn't all that huge at birth :).

I'm going for that next week. I was supposed to go in a couple of weeks ago, but I had a lot going on and it slipped my mind. I'm hoping its not that and its just how she is laying or something....guess I will know at my next appt. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->