Funny question.. but does you baby have a strange obsession with household objects?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
My little one is 11 weeks old tomorrow, and the reason I ask is because he seems to have a crazy obsession with lamps/lightshades in the house, even if they are not turned on, he stares at them for ages, smiling and giggling at them, I thought it was a once off but he now does it every single day... but why the lamps? :rofl:

Are they round in shape? Could he think they are faces? He'll only be able to see a few feet away so they might be the only thing big enough for him to see clearly? Babies are weird though - they get freaked out by invisible things, become oddly attached to things that aren't toys and before you know it they are taking a "comfort remote control" to be instead of all the gorgeous stuffed toys you bought them....

Are they round in shape? Could he think they are faces? He'll only be able to see a few feet away so they might be the only thing big enough for him to see clearly? Babies are weird though - they get freaked out by invisible things, become oddly attached to things that aren't toys and before you know it they are taking a "comfort remote control" to be instead of all the gorgeous stuffed toys you bought them....

Hahaha very true about babies! Umm some are round, some are odd shapes, he takes great pleasure in laughing smiling and chatting to my living room chandelier type light, its black and old looking and not much to look at really, looks like something from the Addams Family household, but he loves it :haha:

My little one LOVES all lights/ lamps lol. Everywhere we go he finds one to stare at. He also smiles and talks to random objects but lights are definitely his favourite haha x

Oh wow I'm so glad Enzo isnt the only crazy child here! I thought yeah okay if the lights are switched on they look pretty (for a baby) but not staring at boring old ceiling lights when turned off, it freaked me out a couple of times especially at night while on my own hed start looking up and smiling and giggling, I had chills I thought he had a spirit friend :haha: but no, just the light! I wish I could upload a video, I caught him basically having a natter with the living room lamp... I'm kind of glad he made friends with that lamp, that was my £200 lamp from NEXT :rofl:

He talks to the sodding lamp more than me :haha: atleast it was my expensive lamp and not the cheaper Aldi lamp in the other corner, boys got expensive taste in friends :haha:

Hahahaha I'm over here crying laughing so much:rofl:

Tommy had a obsession with the top of the curtain. From the moment we brought him home from the hospital he kept staring at the same spot. They have sequins on the top.
He still stares at it now.
And he loves the ceiling light lol. And dont even get me started with the tv. He cant take his eyes off it.
He was having a right good giggle at Bruce Forsyth the other day on The Price Is Right. Not sure why but he was finding something really funny.
He is also obsessed with his Muslin square. He cant get enough of that thing.
Hes still not really playing with toys yet but hes starting to show interest in them. But give him the Muslim square ana hes well happy.
Babies are so funny :rofl:

Hahahaha I'm over here crying laughing so much:rofl:

Tommy had a obsession with the top of the curtain. From the moment we brought him home from the hospital he kept staring at the same spot. They have sequins on the top.
He still stares at it now.
And he loves the ceiling light lol. And dont even get me started with the tv. He cant take his eyes off it.
He was having a right good giggle at Bruce Forsyth the other day on The Price Is Right. Not sure why but he was finding something really funny.
He is also obsessed with his Muslin square. He cant get enough of that thing.
Hes still not really playing with toys yet but hes starting to show interest in them. But give him the Muslim square ana hes well happy.
Babies are so funny :rofl:

Enzo has no interest in the TV however as soon as the Teletubbies are on he chats to them like they are his best friend and I HATE THE TELETUBBIES cant stand them!!! My brother was obsessed with it as a baby and it was on repeat all bloody day, so now they turn me sick lol

Also if enzo is being a cranky pants I pick him up and stand him under the ceiling light, he stops crying instantly :haha:

Loving the stories!

I was in the dentist's waiting room when mine started smiling at the wall...turned around and realised he was smiling at a poster with two people on it. He'll smile at everyone, even if they aren't there, it's adorable.

Enzo has no interest in the TV however as soon as the Teletubbies are on he chats to them like they are his best friend and I HATE THE TELETUBBIES cant stand them!!! My brother was obsessed with it as a baby and it was on repeat all bloody day, so now they turn me sick lol

Also if enzo is being a cranky pants I pick him up and stand him under the ceiling light, he stops crying instantly :haha:

Haha I've not tried tellytubbies yet but I think he will love it. He likes baby tv but I only put it on when I need to get things done. He just stairs and smiles and laughs at it.

I genuinely hate baby cartoons, if he got into older cartoons I wouldn't mind like jonny bravo and ed edd and eddy :haha:

Totally relate to having a sibling who loved Teletubbies back in the day ! It was always on in my mums house too! Can’t stand it now myself !

My 9 month old just wants to lick the freezer or unroll the toilet paper....and is mad as ever when we don’t let him! Doesn’t that count?! :haha:

My 9 month old just wants to lick the freezer or unroll the toilet paper....and is mad as ever when we don’t let him! Doesn’t that count?! :haha:

Does he know that toilet paper is like gold right now haha !

My DS still loves the remote , but his new thing is the wooden floor . He likes to bang , slide and try to pick and it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->