Funny things we were told as kids... and believed!

Is the cross-eyed one actually real?or not,lol....I've still never got round to it:?

When I used to go cross-eyed,my nan used to say "You'll be stuck like that forever now" And I used crap my pants,so I stopped pullin silly faces. :rofl:

If you bit your nails then worms would grow in your belly.
If you ate apple seeds then trees would grow in your belly.
The tooth fairy can get teeth out of your poop. (swallowed a few)
Most of the ones already mentioned!!
I also heard a man telling his son last week that some sweets he was demanding had beer in them! We will probably use that, lol.

Heard loads of these when I was little. Here is an embarassing one for you... when I was a teenager I lived in London and after my exams went to Wales with my girlie mates. Before we left someone told me that there was only one set of traffic lights in the whole of Wales. Yip.. I believed them!

Like to think I'm a bit less gullible now!

We didnt have much money growing up so my mom said when the ice cream van man turned the music on it meant he had run out of ice cream lol

i also got told by my step bro when going through tunnels in a car if you opened your eyes a monster came and ate you...

if you pulled faces and the wind blew your face would stick...

h x

Well I'm sure we have all been told funny things by grown ups when we were kids that we truely believed. It's only now we wonder why. What's yours?

My mum told me that the pimples you get on your tongue were infact "lie pimples" and you got them whenever you told a fib.

I was also told that if I dried my belly button after my bath and 'screwed' it the wrong way when drying my bum would fall off.

My fella kept saying this to me when i was drunk at the weekend :rofl::rofl::rofl: x

It was usually my brothers and I convincing each other of things, rather than our parents or grandparents... My older brother and I convinced my youngest brother that he was adopted, and later that the milkman was his real father; we didn't even HAVE a milkman! That was wicked funny until he asked our grandmother, who is NOT known for her sense of humor!! My friend and I convinced her step-brother, who was about four years younger than us, that UPS stood for Unwanted Pediatric Service, and that parents called them when little boys got too irritating and wouldn't leave people alone... he FREAKED when the UPS guy showed up a couple days later across the road! Again... the adults proved to be lacking in the 'funny side' department. My brother was at least partially kind to me in convincing me of daft things... he convinced me that if you pushed the 'hazzard' thingie in a car, it would play that song from the opening credits of the Dukes of Hazzard. I believed that for YEARS... never tested it as my father was VERY strict about touching the car. One of those points in yer life where you go 'nuh uh!' but secretly you're going, 'I wonder...' until you've convinced yourself it MUST be true! Gotta love my twisted little family! :blush: :rofl:

my dad told me the other week tht there was a man who was all bunged up in his nose and sinuses and stuff and it turned out to be that he had permenant false teeth and a tomato or apple pip or somethin had got stuck in there and a plant had grown up thru all his nasal passages. i was like, yea thats bollocks. but everyone said it was true. does anyone know???

i also got told the belly button screw thing! and that if you eat apple seeds you will grow a apple tree out of your bum....

evil parents

'Stop picking your nose, your head will cave in' :dohh:

oh just remembered the worst one, if you run and flap your arms enough youll fly! adults cant do it cause they are too heavy.. this was cause when we were kids we didnt have a car and had little money, it got us to town which was a mile up a hill super quick!

If you pick your nose your finger will get tuck up there
My mum always says to my nieces - Dont pick your nose you'll clog the hoover up :rofl:

if you didnt spit out the watermelon seeds, then a watermelon would grow in your tummy! if you didnt go to sleep, the boogie monster would get you! every night i couldnt fall asleep right away i hid under my blankets with about twenty stuffed animals, thinking my blanket would keep me safe! to this day i still have to have the covers completely covering everything except my face, to "save" me from everything when oh leaves for work in the middle of the night! pathetic i know! :rofl:

I also got told the watermelon thing.
We were camping and staying in my grandfathers RV when my grandfather told us there were trolls outside...he pushed my mom out into the "trolls" and my brother and I freaked and started crying because we thought the trolls were going to eat her. We were so mad at them for tricking us.
He also told us when we were camping at another campground that a lion had attacked him and his wife in the woods (thing was there was really a lion on the loose from "African Lion Safari" in Toronto). Him and her took off in the woods for a while and when they came back their shirts were all ripped and dirty...We really thought something happened to them!!
My grandfather is one for making up stories and telling them to us...he still does it to this day and we usually say "OK poppy...yep...mhmm" lol

Now this is kinda weird...

When I was a kid I was really terribly afraid of the world coming to an end! Everytime a plane would go by I'd think it's a coment falling on us! :wacko:

So my sister told me that if that ever happens,me and her will go to live on the moon.And I belived her and got much better!
Mind you,I was 9! :blush:

That calf fries where baby chicken. If you don't know what calf fries are, they are a Texas delicacy of friend bull testicle. ICK. Never ate one again after I learned the truth.

:blush:my uncle told me that a haggis was an animal that had 2 short legs on one side and 2 longer legs on the other side and they ran around the mountains in scotland!! and yes, i believed him until not so long ago. :dohh:

Just found this thread, its great. :rofl:

Makes me feel better about looking up the word gullible in the dictionary when i was about 10!!
:rofl:

Well everyone has said what my parents told me so nothing new from me but when i was 16 we went up to London , and i saw a SOS sign. I asked what it ment ( i had never seen one) and OH said it means ( silly orange sign ) a year later he told me what it actaully means :dohh:

my dad would say if you eat a pip out off apple it will grow in you :rofl:
and carrots make you see in the dark.:rofl:

the best one i think he said was a ice cream van is the police for noutty kids :rofl:

if you pick your nose your brains will fall out :rofl:

i tell my kids every xmas eve if you dont clean your room santa woat come :rofl::rofl:

well my mam use to say that pandas lived under the stairs and if i didnt go to bed they would creep up and get me god i use to shit myself lol i was the best behaved kid in house since she told me that lol pandas still scared me now :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->