Funny things we were told as kids... and believed!

haha this thread is proper mint!

ive been told most of these too

we had the twanky man!! fuck me, i was terrified of the twanky man, we had to be in bed by 8 or the twanky man would get us, there was even a song!!!

the twanky man he comes at eight,
the twanky man is never late,
you can hear him coming by the tapping of his stick
and if ur not in bed ud better get there quick

:| and to make matters worse my mam would tap on the door a few times (his stick) and then in this proper fucking scary voice, do this little squeal, omg i cant even explain it lol but it terrified me, shed say ''is she in bed yet?'' and then in normal voice, go ''yes twanky man, shes in bed...honest!''

OMFG, that used to fuckin terrify me! wot a cow lol...thats one im NEVER doing on my kids!

xxx

I told tasha's sister and her best friend that Pingu speaks welsh... the belief lasted 3 days.

Other funny things include:
- there used to be a fifth telly tubby
- faux fur comes from real fauxs, a small creature from Eire

My mum always told us if we ate the crusts from our toast it would give us curly hair!

i wasnt that gullible but my mum once said that if u talk to yourself you get taken away to the mad house and \I used to get really scared because i'd catch her speaking to herself and thought she would get taken away :(

when i was little my mum told me you get babies from argos, you just have to have whatever they have left in stock and they come as a non refundable good :)

My mum once told me the story of a boy who was sucking really hard on a mcdonalds milkshake and when he went outside, the wind changed and he was stuck forever! I never touched mcdonalds milkshake outdoors ever after...

She also told me that chewwing gum was elephants toenails and that whistling made the virgin Mary blush.

Once when I was about 7, I was playing in my room when I should have been alseep... I must have woken my dad and he came in and told me to go to bed and be quiet or I'd wake the dead :| I didn't sleep for like a week and kept looking out the window for zombies! Poor little me :lol:

Oh yeah my dad told me that original Hubba Bubba was the flavour of pigs feet! :sick:

That the birdies took my doo doo (soother) i was about 3 or 4 like and my mum just wanted me to stop using it all the time so she said the birds took it, the also took my bottles,ive been suspicious of them ever since :blush: lol i was actually about 14 before i found out, i said it to my niece that she better watch out for birdies and my mum and sisters just laughed their asses off and i was like what??? it was MORTIFYING!! haha

my mum and dad told me that lady bits where called a fudge and i remember going into a shop and saw a fudge and asking how come you could buy them!!! they then had to sit me down and explain the differencr

OH's father told his sister that cemeteries were "rock gardens" and that's where they grew all the rocks.

:rofl:

That Pomegranates have to be eaten with a pin... :blush: And I have been doing so for the last 20 years... :haha:

It was only during saturday kitchen about 3 weeks ago that it clicked it was codswallop... :dohh:

I love Pomegranate... but sometimes didnt buy it cos I couldnt be bothered to eat it so slowly!

:rofl:

my mum and dad told me that lady bits where called a fudge and i remember going into a shop and saw a fudge and asking how come you could buy them!!! they then had to sit me down and explain the differencr

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:blush:my uncle told me that a haggis was an animal that had 2 short legs on one side and 2 longer legs on the other side and they ran around the mountains in scotland!! and yes, i believed him until not so long ago. :dohh:

rotflmaooooooooooooo!!!!! my dad also told me this, we used to live in scotland until i was about 8/9 and i was forever looking out for them but never saw one-i think i was about 15 before i found out what it REALLY was!!! but last night at the dinner table we were talking about various things and dh mentioned haggis and my eldest lad who is 15 asked what haggis was..........so i told them it was an animal with 2short legs on one side and 2 longer legs on the other so they could run round the hills and mountins without falling over........not sure if any of them fell for it but i can imagine my eldest 2 lads doing a spot of googling at school today:haha::haha::haha:

Ok i got told...
- If you swallow chewing gum it will stay in your belly for 7 years
- If you pull the plug when your in the bath, you'll get sucked down
- Sit too close to the telly, you'll get square eyes
- If you werent asleep when father christmas came he wouldn't leave you anything lol
- My uncle used to tell us there was a monkey upstairs (in his house) so that me and my cousins wouldn't go upstairs lol

i was told chewing gum stays in your belly for years by my brother!
that if i have a bath and it goes over the round hole the bathroom will flood, i believed this up until a few years ago when i realised that hole was for the water to go down!
that if you walk without shoes you will get a cold, people i know still tell me this!
that if you have 100 pounds you are very rich
that strangers put you in black bags and take you away so i couldnt talk to them

My mum used to always tell us that if we ate sweets at night spiders would come out of our bum :blush:

:lol: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"