Funny things we were told as kids... and believed!

My mum used to tell me she was sending us to the jaggy jersey home when we were bad and pull out the knitted jumpers my gran made us :laugh2:

'Stop picking your nose, your head will cave in' :dohh:

I got told this one.

Oh and i was petrified of spiders when i was little (still am actually!) my mum always always told me that spiders come in pairs!

So i would spot this 1 huge spider and bit pooping my pants scared where the other one might be, in fact i only realised this wasn't true about 5years ago (i'm 24 :blush:).

My brother was always told if he didn't stop playing with his willy it would fall off, or if he got it out when outside the birds would think it was a worm and come peck it right off!

I'm sure there are more but i can't think right now.

just remebered one, whenever mum was going out and we asked where she was going she always said 'to see a man about a dog'. I wondered for years and years why we never got a dog!!

When I misbehaved my mom told me she would sell me to the gypsies..... A little girl joined my class in grade 2. Informed us that her parents were gypsies...........i never spoke to her. Boy was I scared, these must be the people that mom is going to sell me to. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl: That's so funny! :rofl:

:blush:my uncle told me that a haggis was an animal that had 2 short legs on one side and 2 longer legs on the other side and they ran around the mountains in scotland!! and yes, i believed him until not so long ago. :dohh:

I'd forgotten about that!! My dad told me that too :rofl:

my grandad once told me that cooling towers were full of lemonade, only found out it was a big fat LIE when i mentioned it to my ex when i was 16 lol
:blush: he pi@@ed himself :rofl::dohh:

:rofl: This thread is great.

I got told loads. But most of them have already been mentioned.
Sometimes parents are mean lol.

I got told about the music playing when the ice cream man was out of ice cream too, ill be using it on my kids!

My mom told me that the car would only run if everyone was seatbelted in. Funny thing was, if I undid my seatbelt, the car would slowly roll to a stop. I believed that one for EVER!

Another one that i'm not sure i've seen posted yet-
Make sure you wash behind your ears or potatoes will grow... lol

My nan used to always say eating your crusts make your hair go curly, so i used to eat them cus i had straight hair lol, now my hairs curly and i blame her all the time :rofl:

And eating veggies makes hairs grow on your chest :saywhat:, No wonder i didn't bloody eat them!

My Uncle use to tell my and my brother that he had a pet gorilla called Gordan! that lived in his transit van and if we was naughty he use to say he would put us in with Gordan and he will sort us out! and when it was time for him to leave he use 2 shake and bang on his van making out it was Gordan! she still goes on bout it now!!!

x

My Uncle use to tell my and my brother that he had a pet gorilla called Gordan! that lived in his transit van and if we was naughty he use to say he would put us in with Gordan and he will sort us out! and when it was time for him to leave he use 2 shake and bang on his van making out it was Gordan! she still goes on bout it now!!!

x

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

these werent from my parents... but,

while walking on the sidewalk 'if you step on a crack, you'll break your mothers back' and we would look like goofs taking normal, then huge, then little steps to avoid the cracks..

uuum... that if you breath while passing a graveyard you'll die... i can remember plugging my nose and holding my breath..

and then a whole bunch that everyone else has mentionned!!

now - the big question, thinking that parents are mean for doing it.... is everyone going to do it to their own children!??! LOL

lol probably. Can't break tradition!

The reason why I don't eat brussel sprouts, is not because the lack of taste. I was told by my funny dad, that brussel sprouts were baby cabbage patch kids that weren't born yet. Never ate them since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->