fussing at left breast

babyv13

Reaction score
my LO just fusses at my left breast, comes on and off and pulls the nipple (ouch!), I'm guessing not as much milk comes out of that one as the right one, how can I improve this? could I feed her each time off the right breast and pump the left one to increase supply?

I know I should put her on the left breast more often but it's really painful as I have a crack on that one and her pulling at it actually makes me cry in pain :(

I have the same problem! Sorry I can't help. I try to offer it each time, but sometimes he is so ravenous he won't take it. I think my let down is slower on that side too.

yeah I think mine is too! :( I'm worried I'll lose my supply in that one or something :(

do your boobs look lop-sided? mine do? :haha:

I produce less milk in my left breast. It's totally normal. I also had mastitis in that one last month so I think that contributed. I just continue to nurse both sides until empty. Your body will regulate accordingly as I understand.

Sometimes my LO is more fussy at my right breast, which is the big milk maker! I've been holding him in the football position at that breast and he seems to like it better. You always want to rule out an ear infection, or something on that side of their head that could be hurting them. Some babies hate laying their head on a certain side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->