Future Working Moms?

bethneebabe

Mum to 2 Angels
Reaction score
Hi ladies! Hmph. So I'm in kind of a mood because it looks like I will need to work full time (or almost full time) once our little one comes. My mom was stay at home until my sister and I were in school and I always thought I would stay at home for the first 2 years and then work full time when the little one starts school. Now it looks like with the economy the way it is and my OH starting a law career that I'll need to work FT to help support the family. So bummed :cry: but I know that we may have trouble conceiving and I'm not getting any younger so waiting 5-10 for the economy to improve isn't a good option. Is anyone else going to be a working mum?

I don't know how old you are, but waiting a few years may make things a lot easier. I'm 36 and this is my first and well worth waiting till now. I'll be a working mom, but my husband will be a stay at home dad (that's just how it worked for us). I would not have wanted a child before at least 27yrs old myself, but everyone is different.

Well I've always bn pretty adamant that I won't be working full time and that I want to go down to 3 days minimum however in my line o work part times are few n far between so I may have to as not working is not an option unfortunately. :(

I will definately be a working mom unfortunately. My OH is supportive of me staying home but then we would have to work two jobs and I can't bring myself to do that to him. I want him to have time to spend with the family and have time for himself. The problem is we both work shift work so it is going to be a challenge for daycare etc.

I would love to be a stay at home mom for part of my future babies' childhood. I don't know if that'll happen because of the economy. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I might need childcare and need to work full time. Perhaps it'll work out and I'll only have to work part time! or my hubby will get a great job and I can stay home yay! (I'm an optimist)

Hi ladies! Hmph. So I'm in kind of a mood because it looks like I will need to work full time (or almost full time) once our little one comes. My mom was stay at home until my sister and I were in school and I always thought I would stay at home for the first 2 years and then work full time when the little one starts school. Now it looks like with the economy the way it is and my OH starting a law career that I'll need to work FT to help support the family. So bummed :cry: but I know that we may have trouble conceiving and I'm not getting any younger so waiting 5-10 for the economy to improve isn't a good option. Is anyone else going to be a working mum?

I could have written that! I'm a little more fortunate in that I'll have 18 month at home (during which time I'll have to write up my thesis though), but beyond that it'll be back to full time for me. I'm hoping that I might be able to stay at home with LO 2 and/or 3 but it's hard to foresee these things. I wouldn't want to wait any longer either though. I'm in my late 20s and who knows whether our financial situation changes any time soon. We're hoping to have 3 in total so we better get cracking. :D
I think in the end there's no use mulling over these things, you just have to make whatever situation you're in work for you.

I've already become accustomed to the idea, there is no way we can survive on one wage so I know I will have to work, but atleast I get a year off maternity if nothing else.

Kind of sad but thats life, I can't have it all even if I wish I did :rofl:

I'm defo going to go back to work after the 9 months of maternity leave are up i have decided but maybe on part time basis. I would wait until your preggers to see how u feel at the time and what your money situation will be like then hope this helps in some way x.

I'll be a working mum too :) I will have the first year off and then 2nd/3rd year I'll be doing my teaching post grad part time then working full-time and the husband will go part time so I know how it feels..

I think it is great if a woman can stay at home with the children. However most families need 2 incomes to be comfortable. With that in mind i will probably have about 8-9 months maternity and then go back to work :cry:. It's sad but i would hope to go part time maybe 3 or 4 days a week.

I'll be a working mum,and OH may be a saty home daddy - which I Think I'm very happy with.... I love my Career and I believe I can be a good mum and work...

I am in my early 30's and WTT for my 3rd. I will have to work full time just to make ends. My job will only pay for 4 weeks of maternity leave @ 80%. I could take off for up to 16 weeks unpaid. It sucks, but its just the way it is. So I have to save mega money while I'm out. But I have time save so that's a good thing. You guys are lucky that get a year off.

I think I will only get 3 months paid maternity leave and can take another month or so unpaid. In addition to my current full time job, I also work on web design part time. Ideally, I will be able to work more hours with my part-time job and my OH will have a good enough job that we can squeak by for a year or two. I am a major planner so even if things change, I just want a plan! But it is killing me that OH may not have a job until he passes the bar exam (future lawyer) and that may be in November. Gah!

Thanks for the support ladies. I know we will all be great moms no matter what the situation.:winkwink:

I definately didn't feel ready to go back to work until Isla was 10 months and then it was necessary financially, but I was actually quite happy to go back part time because I really enjoy my job, not that I don't love being a mum too but working just helps me feel more well rounded and I appreciate my time at home that much more. So I'm at home Monday/Tuesday, OH is at home Thursday and Isla's in nursary Wednesday/Friday. I wouldn't particularly want to stay at home 24/7, it'd drive me crazy... too much like hard work :rofl: Much respect to full time mums. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->