gaaaaaaaargh! MEN!

lisaandsprog

Mother of two, nearly 3!
Reaction score
I Posted a thread a little while ago about baby names - he wants the baby to be called tristan and wont hear of any other name i suggest! I saw the name kyson and i quite liked it and so i mentioned it to him. H e said he liked it - i was like - hooray!:happydance:
But then ive just spoke to him now and he has now decided he DOESNT like the name and insists we still call the baby tristan! GAARGH! He is so FICKLE! I dont particulary like the name, but theres no way im goin to change his mind on it!!! It just frustrates me - men can be so selfish! i only have to carry him round for 9 months and push him out of something the size of a button hole! Why on earth should I have a say!? :hissy:
ok. im done :blush: anybody else having difficult stubborn partners, who name hog?

Get the baby registered without the other half being present!............:rofl:

lol, trust me i did seriously consider that! But as we're not married, he has to be present, for his name to be on the birth certificate! :D

All you can do is talk to him then! Tell him you really don't like the name....and use your feminine wiles and your pregnancy ones too!

Why is the OH picking the name?

Couldn't Tristan be the middle name?

He said that i chose last time (which isnt technically true seeings as we BOTH chose last time!) ive tried suggesting it be a middle name but he's not that easily fobbed off and isnt having none of it! ive tried putting my foot down but he then goes on to suggest even worse names! Tristan is actually the best of the bunch. why are boys names so difficult? We immediatly agreed on a girls name! and before i knew the sex of the baby i said it would be sods law if we had a boy seeings as we couldnt agree on a single name!! lol!

My OH has said no to EVERY name i like, i really liked Corey but he said no immediatley and the name i would really like is Taylor, he agreed for a day or two then said no.....tut. My ex just let me get on with it and i picked my sons name myself but my current OH is very demanding. The baby WILL be catholic like him (i think not!!) The baby WILL have his second name, the baby WILL be called Jacob (we'll see lol)

I think these men forget what we go through to get these baby's here and as the mother we WILL have the final say. God forbid if we split up with out OH's its always the mam who takes the kids coz at the end of the day mammy IS boss :rofl: xx

tbh he sounds really selfish, you should have a name you both agree on not just one he likes, i would really have a go at my bf if he acted like that..

mine wanted john after his dad and no way do i like that name, it took us quite a while to come up with one we both agreed on and liked, john is now the middle name which i dont mind as its not like im going to be shouting john as his name ever.. but its there just to make bf happy.

snettyb - corey was my original choice too - ive liked it ever since i was pregnant with my son but he has ALWAYS said no. So im having it as a middle name instead. I think he is being a bit selfish but i also think its his way of feeling like he's involved in some way aswell. The thing is, i dont HATE the name tristan, i just dont completely LOVE it.

hmm well i pretty much got my own way on names as he love the name for are girl Bethany Grace but before we new the sex we sat down and talked names and came up with a boys name and a girls name and if didnt like it that was the end of it i meen it would have been selfish just me choosing the name but fortunatley he liked most of all the names i liked so it wasn't to hard so next time if we have a boy we no what to call him :) it should be a name you both love but i no what you been when these men want to feel involed he gets moody if i dont tell him when she is moving but she moves all the time and i have kind of settled down with it and its amazing but because she kicks all the time i dont feel the kneed to shout it out everytime she does.

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev164pps__.png

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/car164pp___.png

I love the name Tristan..
but ultimately its your choice,

It can be hard for men to feel involved as there not actually carrying the baby..

We wrote a list each and then compared, Then whitled down the list to 3.. Its so hard picking names though isnt it?

x

I've had the "No" "No" "No" "No" thing as well.

We had agreed on 1 name for each sex, (pretty much one was my choice and the other was his) and until a month ago I thought that was it until he announced he wasn't sure about the boy's name (my choice)

Now we are having a girl, he is sure we are using the girl's name he picked.

I don't dislike it enough to have any real objection so I've decided he may as well name his daughter as she is going to he daddy's girl anyway!!

well.. i never got the choice.. my 5 yr old son dylan was picked by daddy..and my unborn baby girls name tatiana was picked by daddy..i like both names so i dont' have a problem.. but my dh tried to sit there and tell me the middle name will be leora... i say no.. i couldn't imagine if we fought over the name.. i'm sorry bout the way i am, if my dh would fight with me over a name and we could not ever compromise.. i carried the baby for 9 months and more than likely i will be the one who takes care of her most.. so the name would be what i chose lol.. it would eventually grow on him because he would have no choice.. crap. a name is just a name. He was lucky cause I liked Tatiana because i like names that i don't hear that often and i have only heard it twice plus it was princess anastasias sisters name so its a princess name :) and she is a little princess.. we also agreed on ethan michael if it were a boy.. which according to ultrasound she is'nt.. so i got lucky.

I don't dislike it enough to have any real objection

Thats the same way i feel - i dont hate it enough to make a real objection - the other name he suggested i REALLY didnt like so i stuck to my guns about that one! I just wish i LOVED the name - but then again, choosing a boys name this time has been really difficult. ive liked other names more than the name tristan, but not totally loved them. I totally loved my girls names id chosen on the other hand - but as we're having a boy, i guess ill leave the name choosing to him. So it looks like Tristan it is. At least ive chosen korey francis as the middle names, so ive had SOME say at least!

Thats the same way i feel - i dont hate it enough to make a real objection - the other name he suggested i REALLY didnt like so i stuck to my guns about that one! I just wish i LOVED the name - but then again, choosing a boys name this time has been really difficult. ive liked other names more than the name tristan, but not totally loved them. I totally loved my girls names id chosen on the other hand - but as we're having a boy, i guess ill leave the name choosing to him. So it looks like Tristan it is. At least ive chosen korey francis as the middle names, so ive had SOME say at least!

Tristan is a nice name. One I could settle for if I had to!

I actually love the name Tristan but it does NOT go with Steve's last name. We're going with naming him after the grandpas, which is ok I guess...

My DH is choosing our little mans names, I went through name books and picked names I liked, DH went through and crossed off the ones he didn't like and then went through and picked ones he liked, I then crossed off ones I hated and we have been left with names I like, some more then others but I have decided to let him pick once spud is here. Im lucky as at the moment the names I like most are at the top, Oliver James or James Devlin. I hope you can sort things out so both of you are happy, take care :hugs: XX

Yeh its not totally bad i guess, i just wish i had full control! :D James devlin is a lovely name! Devlin is different - i havent heard that name before!

my hubby is trying to have 'dexter' if we have a boy.
Ive told him this isnt going to happen butg he keeps calling bubs this.

When pregnant with our 3rd, he wanted Theo, if we had a boy - but we were told we was having a girl.. so we agreed on a girls name and when our baby was born.. we had a BOY!
We then didnt have a name for him for 2 days, our daughter kept calling him samuel, so this is what we named him - now i dont hate the name but i dont love it either.... it took me ages to get use to it, but now the name really suits him well and it doesnt both me!

boys names are so hard there isnt any i really like... our 1st son is called oliver (Leighton his middle name) and i fell in love with that name!

hope the name suitation works itself out

To be honest our name selection process was quite easy!! we both liked alot of names but decided when we found out we were having a boy to call him Blake Ethan. We both fell in love with both of the names but couldnt decide which way round to have them!! It was the fact that his cousins boy was called Ethan that we chose this way round!! - Dont know anyone called Blake!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->