Gained 1.4lbs over night

bunnyblonde

Reaction score
I started out at 123.2 and jumped pretty quickly up to 124.4 but have been staying at that exact number for about a week now. I just weighed myself this morning and I jumped up to 125.8. I didn't eat a larger amount of food than normal yesterday. When did everyone start gaining weight? I've seen some posts by women on here around where I am that are showing already. I'm trying to keep track of my weight every day and 1.4lbs at only just over 5 weeks seems like a lot for one night

Tracking your weight everyday isn't a safe way of measuring weight gain etc. Weight can fluctuate a lot throughout a week and each pregnancy is different. For me I go up and down the same 4lbs [after losing 1/2 a stone since conception] and technically I've gained back 1lb of the weight I lost. So at all but 25 weeks I've gained nothing.... but... my point is some women don't gain a lot of weight and some do. With my first I gained 5 stone so 70lbs.
Also water retention, the way your body digests food, what food youre eating, what your body absorbs, the pressures of being pregnant and the way your body handles food all differs in pregnancy.
It's important to eat healthy and keep up with regular exercise to maintain healthy weight gain/weight balance throughout pregnancy. So if you havent exercised before then walking is fine. If you have exercised you can maintain your previous routine and adapt where you feel it is needed.

My weight normally fluctuates by 1-2 pounds from day to day, pregnant or not. That small variation can be due to retaining excess water if you've had a lot of salt or sugar, or how long it's been since you've done a meaningful poo.

I lose weight in first tri due to nausea, but it's different for everyone. It usually evens out over time - especially since you are starting out slim (presuming you are more than 4 feet tall). I try not too worry too much about the scale number. It's more important to focus on getting proper nutrients into your body and not going overboard if you have junk food cravings.

I've had the opposite of junk food cravings lol. I actually feel sick if I eat anything too heavy or greasy, I've been sticking to wraps and quinoa and brown rice. It's just so strange because I've weighed the exact same for about a week and all of a sudden I gained a pound over night. I'm wondering if this is the start of me gaining pregnancy weight. I don't think I'm ready to start showing yet. I love that this is my little secret from the world right now. I guess it could just be water weight or just a normal fluctuation based on something I ate

When people seem to be "showing" that early, it is not due to the actual baby. Your uterus is still down inside your pelvis for most of first tri. The "bump" is a combination of water retention, gas and/or constipation (aww - so cute). If you're headed into winter, sweaters and layers will probably help you keep your secret for at least another month or so if you want. In my first pregnancy, I think I was about 5 months before it started being noticeable to others (of course, DH and I noticed changes). This is also different for every pregnancy, and varies depending on your height, your ab muscles, baby's size and position, etc.

That could easily be water weight or needing to have a bowel movement. That weight can fluctuate just like that when you're not pregnant. Nothing to be concerned about.
And at some point you will start to gain weight, some people gain in 1st trimester and some don't. It's really different for everyone. 1.4lbs is not to be concerned about

I don't have scales at home. I get weight at every prenatal. Before pregnancy I cld keep track with my clothes. I fit them well & was not growing into bigger sizes. Now, I'm just focusing on healthy foods. I've banned family size packs of crisps (chips) after my last visit. So, I'm hoping the gain, 15lbs at 21 weeks has tapered of. I'm gaining more then last pregnancy, but belly is definitely bigger, so I'm hoping it'll all stay there. I'm hoping baby will be bigger too.
Don't focus on weight. Focus on foods & nutrients instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->