Game of Thrones

I just finished the first book! DO NOT READ the spoiler if you haven't read the book, massive plot spoilers in there. Unless you don't mind being spoiled

HOLY CUT THROAT! I couldn't believe that by the end of the book Ned, Robert, Viserys (although I was glad about him... he was an idiot) and Khal Drogo all dead! My fiancé warned me not to get too attached to a character cuz odds are they're gonna die. :haha:

LOVED the part too at the end with Dany and the dragons! :dance: I'm part way through the 2nd book and it still hasn't spoken about her yet... I'm kind of getting impatient. :blush: Want to know more!!! :haha:

I just finished the first book! DO NOT READ the spoiler if you haven't read the book, massive plot spoilers in there. Unless you don't mind being spoiled

HOLY CUT THROAT! I couldn't believe that by the end of the book Ned, Robert, Viserys (although I was glad about him... he was an idiot) and Khal Drogo all dead! My fiancé warned me not to get too attached to a character cuz odds are they're gonna die. :haha:

LOVED the part too at the end with Dany and the dragons! :dance: I'm part way through the 2nd book and it still hasn't spoken about her yet... I'm kind of getting impatient. :blush: Want to know more!!! :haha:

ha! Book 1 spoilers:

George is a cruel, cruel man! I dread the new book coming out because I know one of my faves will probably die and I'll be emotionally traumatised! it only gets worse from here on, but it's still so good! Enjoy Clash of Kings :D

The last line in the book 'And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons' makes me tear up every time - everything Dany has gone through to get to that point, and what she sacrificed... :cry:

When Sean Bean snuffs it on the TV show I swear I am going to need counselling - he is such a good actor and you just KNOW he is going to act his bloody socks off - oh god I'm going to cry...... :haha:

I know!! :cry: I liked how she learned to overcome and even love Khal Drogo instead of being a pansy like her brother was. Just goes to show that she truly was The Dragon. :cry: I was so angry for her when she got betrayed by that Magi or whatever it was. Stupid woman!

I really like his writing, I can totally submerse myself into the book and it almost seems like I am right there!

Thanks for posting the spoilers in spoiler format, very considerate! :hugs:

Haha, no probs. These are books you DO NOT want to be spoiled on. Avoid wikipedia etc at all costs :haha:

I can't wait for Monday! It's now my favourite day of the week! :D

hakunamatata you're in the US, do you watch it on HBO? Do you know they are releasing episode 7 straight after 6 on their on-demand service? I'm so jealous! :D

Technically I download it the day after it airs on HBO, cheaper that way :winkwink:

Great to know!! I think I might be a week or two behind.

A ha, me too ;) I am in UK but don't have Sky TV - I will happily spend loads of money on the DVDs when they come out, and I'm going to buy something from the HBO UK shop! But I can't justify throwing £40 a month at Rupert Murdoch for one TV programme!

I said I'd try and leave episode 7 till next week but there's no way I can resist 2 hours of Thrones awesomeness :haha: I can just watch them both again next week when 7 is on!

Episode 5 Spoiler:
Oh my god! That poor horse! :( :shock: :(
Just kidding! Sort of :haha:
There was a lot of spectacular gore in this one.
And some seriously disturbing breastfeeding. :shock:

Episode 5 spoilers

OMG the poor horse, I knew it was coming and I still screamed! Gregor is SCARY. Loved the little grin on his brother's face when he lost the joust though! I am a big Sandor(Hound) fan :D

Lysa is just insane - brilliant actress though! Must have been hilarious filming that scene - 'Now just suck on this prosthetic breast....' :haha:

I dont think we have it over here yet but I saw the book in the shop the other day while looking for somthing new to read and it looked interesting so think that will be my next one (I got side tracked by the new true blood book instead)

It's only on Sky Atlantic sadly, so you'll have to wait for the DVDs if you don't have Sky :) (or if you're naughty like me, download it :haha: )

Can highly recommend the book! x

Episode 5 Spoilers

I know right? Both P and I were like :shock: watching the head slide off. The Eryie was everything that I thought it would be from the books, loved the Sky Cells!

Episode 5 Spoiler:
Oh my god! That poor horse! :( :shock: :(
Just kidding! Sort of :haha:
There was a lot of spectacular gore in this one.
And some seriously disturbing breastfeeding. :shock:

And I *thought* I was supportive of extended breastfeeding but I guess even I have limits :shutter:

Episode 6 spoiler:

Better and better! I cannot decide which character I like better: the Imp or Danyris or... I'm invested in a lot of them!
I cannot wait to read the books! I feel like I am getting really good highlights in the series, but I want the fleshed out stories that must exist in the books. Details!
By the way, has anyone else taken any of the quiz stuff from the HBO site?
I answered one that told me I would be a Dothraki...:haha:
Oh, and that son of John Arran is the creepiest child. (shudder)

stop tempting me with spoilers! Seriously though, I absolutely love this show. I can't get enough of it. Maybe I should get the book to hold me over til the next episode each week.

Definitely Bumbled, I guarantee you will love them, everyone I lend them to gets hooked!

Argh episode 6! Too epic and awesome! Dany, you fierce flawless queen! Tyrion is just too funny :haha: and

Goodnight Viserys, you were an absolute ******* but what an amazing actor! And what a death scene! Another highlight was Syrio - 'there is only one thing we say to death - not today!'

Fan-freak-tastic is all I have to say!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->