Gang Of Grlz - Due Jan - Feb 2013 !

Still nothing!!! I had an appt yesterday and cervix is soft and 1 cm dilated, 30-40% effaced... so things are starting to happen, but my MW is predicting next Weds. She's going to do a sweep on Tuesday if nothing happens before then...and she thinks that will get things going. :) As long as I can avoid interventions, I am happy with a couple more days of napping!!! :)

Last night was BRUTAL. I went out with DH and ate pub food and my reflux was sooo bad I've only had a couple hours of sleep... so LO had better not show up today! ;)

Anyone else popped?? :)

Not me! Still hanging in here too. Thinking it won't be til after my due date but who knows! What a crazy waiting game... Best of luck to you Yikes!

Yikesbaby & Country: I can't wait... I think its time for those babies to not be so snug. :hugs:

Okay seriously...the suspense is killing me. I think its about time for some of these babies to be evicted...LOL!!! Keeping you ladies in my thoughts and prayers. XOXO

Hi everyone ,, extremely sorry for the late post in this forum. I soo wanted to post the news of my son's arrival to u all but things got soo busy in last few weeks tha didn't get time to be online at all.
Our bundle of joy VIAAN arrived on 17th Jan at 10:30 am , he weighed 6 lbs and 11 pounds. There were complications during the delivery, it didn't go as smooth as I expected.

Goes like this : 16th night was DH's bday so we went out for dinner. Came bac and were chatting on the bed when I realized my panty getting wet, wasn't sure if its pee or some discharge. Went in restroom and a gush of water passed , could make out the diffn that it isn't pee but wasn't sure if its water break or something else. Called doc n they said to get admitted to the hospital to get it checked.

Reached hospital at 1 AM and they checked with sme fluid test to confirm that my membranes were broken but I had not dilated at all so they started pitocin in small dozes at around 2 am to get my contractions going. At around 4 am I was only 3 cms but my contractions were going real strong, my body started contracting itself so they shut the pitocin off. As I reached 4-5 cms my pain was getting unbearable and I requested an epidural. I started screaming on contractions n just waited for epidural.

Life saver is another word I would give to epidural,my advice would be not even to think once to take it. After I got one, pain disappeared. Legs went numb & wouldn't feel a thing during contraction. From 4 am to 9 am I went from 4 cms to 9 cms and doc said within an hr I would be ready to deliver. I was soo releaved ha very soon I will have baby in my arms. But destiny had something else written.

I started pushing, with every push I would give my maximum, DH was by my side helping me and I pushed and pushed. Head started crowning but my boy wouldn't come out. It went on for 30 min ,, I was soo tired pushing but I kept on and on. Doc said she would use vacuum to pull him out, she did that too but this guy was just stuck there. Doc gave me a big cut down there to pull him out , I lost lot of blood due to the cut but no luck.

Then the unexpected happened, baby's heart rate started dropping as I was pushing and wouldn't come back up. Doc decided in few min she had to do emergency c section to take baby out otherwise it was getting critical for baby. Within 2 min I was pushed to operation room and I had like 10 doctors around me. My eyes kept searching for my hubby but the didn't allow him inside.

Since they had n time to give me an epidural for upper body they just cut me down there to get he baby out and I screamed at top of my voice. Then next I remember was shouting that I can't bear the pain and they put me to sleep. When was my baby taken out I had no clues. Around 10:30 my angel was born and I was asleep until 3.30 pm due to the anesthesia they had put me on. Once I got up my first question was wherz m baby ??

Since baby was all ready to come out from the bottom but was pulled from top during operation and due to lack of oxygen to his brain was few min, he was moved to Neo natal intensive care unit immediately and was closely monitored. My poor baby was all covered with wires to his brain, monitoring system etc etc.

I was in deep shock both emotionally and extremely weak physical since I went thru both normal and c section stitches I was not able to get out of bed for 2 days and couldn't see my baby since he was in the NickU. They gave me 2 bottles of blood as my hemoglobin went down and lots of pain killers. All i do was see my baby's pic on hubby's phone. Those were the worst 2 days for me, after keepin him in tummy for 9 months I still could not see him and I was helpless. Only satisfaction was he was being taken care by the best team of docs.

Finally I was discharged after 5 days but my baby was still n the Niku for a week. I wuld go to see him every day and started pumping too. Since he wen thru stress durin delivery all sorts of tests were done on him and we were informed of his da to day progress. my son is a fighter and he fought all the stress !! He was given to me after a week and that was the happiest moment for me. I had tears while holding him , he was all mine :))

It's almost a month now , he is a healthy baby keeping me awake a nights & spreading loads of luv around. I am also fine, recovery is going great. I have forgotten the tough Days and Enjoying motherhood completely !!

That's my story,, how's everyone else doing and how's motherhood treating u all ??

Tkcr n thanks for being with me n this entire journey of pregnancy.

aanch...OMG!!! Congrats! Your birth story brought me to tears! It sounds like you went through one hell of an ordeal. It must have been so hard to not be able to see your son right away and not hold him for a week. So glad to hear you are recovering nicely and that your precious son is doing great.

AFM, I am enjoying motherhood. It has it’s challenges, but it is so worth it. Arianna has brought so much joy to my life that I can’t picture life without her. I barely remember life before her. Sending you lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Congrats aanch!! I am sorry it was such a traumatic experience but happy to hear that you are both doing well. :)

I am happy to join you in the "That was it" club too!!! :cloud9:

Here's the link to my story: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/1734755-yikesbabys-home-waterbirth-story-finally.html

YikesBaby...OMG! What an amazing birth story! Congrats! Love the picture...she is so precious. I know you must be on :cloud9:

Congrats to Yikes and aanch! My little boy was born February 6th at 5:02am, 7lbs 4oz, 21 inches long.

Yikesbaby: Congrats! I'm glad DH was there and you discovered pink together! Eeeek! What an amazing birth! I didn't like hearing how rough the pushing stage was, but I'm glad your baby girl is finally here and perfection. :)

Congrats Yikes & Country Girl ! Yikes - what a birth story,, delivery without medications ... Bravo Girl !! I m sure Sienna is a Princess :)) Country Girl - how's ur son doing ? What did u u guys name him ??

aanch, our son is doing great thank you :) gaining weight and *starting* to go longer between feeds in the night (lol I'm sure I just jinxed it!). We named him Graham! How are you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->