Gang Of Grlz - Due Jan - Feb 2013 !

Yay found out today that OH is now home late on the 18th and not the 24th as before so wee one only has to hold out for another couple of days :happydance::thumbup:

Hope everyone else is well........anymore news?

Excellent news! So happy OH will be home in a few days. :)

Zoela Dawn born January 15, 2013 @ 12:15pm. Weighing 6lbs 12oz, 19 1/2 inches long.

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/580537_10200164239210209_200343979_n.jpg

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/25978_10200165861730771_675102796_n.jpg

Yay found out today that OH is now home late on the 18th and not the 24th as before so wee one only has to hold out for another couple of days :happydance::thumbup:

Hope everyone else is well........anymore news?

Excellent news! So happy OH will be home in a few days. :)

Zoela Dawn born January 15, 2013 @ 12:15pm. Weighing 6lbs 12oz, 19 1/2 inches long.

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/580537_10200164239210209_200343979_n.jpg

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/25978_10200165861730771_675102796_n.jpg

Awe she is gorgeous, well done :flower: xxx

Congratulations Leinzlove... Sooo happpy for you :))) Sure Zoela is a princess !! Hope both of you are doing great !! Take care & loads of luv to the little one.

Ladies,, i have been having on & off cramping since last few days,, lots and lots of white discharge and this morning i even saw brown discharge in my panty liner... I googled online & it said could be my mucus plug or cervix thinning...Dont know what it was but will keep a track on it & keep u all posted. Is anyone else observing this ?

My doc never did a cervix check ,, he said will wait till 39 weeks so am not sure if i even dilated or not.. I am in office & the whole thought of labor is making me soo nervous :(

Gd Lck everyone !

Leinzlove...Congrats!!! She is absolutely precious. I know you must be on :cloud9:

Thanks Ladies! I most definitley am! :) I hope we are getting out of the hospital tomorrow. Zoela had some issues with regulating her blood sugar. She was on IV sugar water until today. I had gestational diabetes and it meant it would take her longer to regulate. I'm so in love with her, can't stop looking at her.

Aanch: Sounds positive to me! Things are going to be happening and you'll be holding your LO soon. Won't be long until you'll have a cervical check. However, with DD #1 I had no cervical changes, tight and closed at 39+2 when I delivered... And with DD #2 I stayed 30% Enfaced, 1cm dilated, and completely engaged from 36+1 until half way through my induction.

I hope you all are holding your LO's. Can't wait to see pictures. I'll write a birth story soon.

Orwee, yay for husband coming home soon!

Aanch, I think things are progressing for you, I wouldn't be surprised to know you are already dilating when they check you.

AFM, I have news, Jonathan was born yesterday. This is my birth story before I forget... I woke up at 5:30 a.m. and called labor and delivery to let them know i was comjng in, they gave me the go ahead. I took a shower and when I'd already changed I felt wet, turned out I had bled a little so had to take another shower and change my clothes. I got in a little late, came to get induced at 7:00 a.m. I was admitted and started on Pitocin, I asked the nurse if she could do the lowest dose and let my body try to do things natural. She advised that was fine but she need to follow doctors orders and would make sure 2mg was ok. Well doctor wanted 4mg so she upped the dosage. My mom arrived at that point, it was 9:00. I came in at 2.5cm dilated and 60% effaced, when they broke my waters things quickly progressed and I was 4cm 90% effaced. I tried to go with the pain of the contractions but they where getting stronger, and back to back. My husband kept asking if I was ok, I the pain was really bad, and saying he was very nervous and getting worse seeing me in that kind of pain. I got up, walked, got on the toilet to labor, and the pain kept increasing. As I was laboring on the toilet and trying to make it through each contraction, I asked myself if I really wanted to to do this again, the pain was so intense! Turns out with every contraction they increased the Pitocin! So I was 5.5cm and on 20mg Pitocin around 1:00 p.m. Tears where falling down my face, and that's when I knew I couldn't do it, I could not continue another 4.5cm of dilation, plus baby crowning and then pushing him out, there was just no way :cry: toughest decision I've had to make, I wanted SO BAD to have a natural birth and not use drugs, not get an epidural :( yet I had drugs to force labor and now was opting for an Epidural... I called the nurse and told her I needed them to do the Epidural, she asked me if I was sure and I said yes. Within an hour I had the Epidural and I was able to rest. I went to 8cm at 5:30p.m. but then stopped dilating, they kept checking and nothing... They upped my Pitocin to 24mg to try to get things going again, around 7:00 I was asked to push for a little bit since I still had a little of my cervix left, it was effaced but there was a last ring that would not let me progressed, so I pushed for a bit and they said I was ready for the real thing around 7:20 so they had me hold my knees and bear down. It was funny because i had my brother who has down syndrome in the room, head covered, rooting me on LOL, he kept saying push sister push :) Around 7:30 they placed a mirror in front of me and let me watch the baby's head crowning. I felt lots and lots of pressure but no pain :thumbup: it was so weird to see part of the baby's head coming through!! It gave me more motivation to push. At 7:57 Jonathan was born weighing 9lbs 2oz and measuring 22 inches long. He is perfect and healthy :cloud9: I only pushed for 1hour in total. When he came out it was really quick, in one push his head came and in the next his body followed. I had a 2nd degree tear, and the epidural did its thing cause I felt only pressure when the doctor put in 2 stitches, one near my urethra and one near my butt. When he came out they immediately placed him on me, I was crying, my husband was crying as was my mom and little brother. It was so emotional, just to see the little miracle out in the world, crying moving, so perfect. They cleaned him some and asked if I wanted to try to breast feed, well I told them my milk had not come in yet... They told me that getting him to suck on the nipples would help my milk come in, well we tried but nothing was coming out, so I have him a bottle of formula. Then they took him and gave him a bath, swaddled him and have him back to me. My mom and husband were taking tons of pictures and videos. I can't upload any cause I'm on my phone but will as soon as I can. I was moved from the labor and delivery room to a recovery room around 9:30 and settled down. Only one person is allowed to spend the night so my mom is with me today and tomorrow night my husband will be here. They told me I would be here for 2 nights so will go home Saturday. The baby's blood sugar was a little low when he was born but after I have him the bottle of formula it got better, it was checked at 11:45 again and then at 2:45, all good so they said they wouldn't check anymore.
So Leinz and I have had our little angels, and now we await you ladies. I can tell y'all to not go in with a set mind, things can change as you can see. But all in all it'll be totally worth it.

Emmediva: I agree it's totally worth it. :) WOW! 9lbs... Jonathan! Congratulations! That sounds like one heck of a birth story. Also high does of pitocin.... 24mg. My Dr. wouldn't have went above 20mg. They also kept uping mine but stopped at 13mg as I was in full blown labor and there was no turning back. I opted out of the epidural... Don't know how as I was in so much pain, I was crying.

Leinzlove, the nurse told me they could increase it up to 36mg!!! Can you imagine?!?!

Emme well done, he is a big boy!

I went in to get induced for my DS1 with a clear view of what I wanted to happen but it didn't go to plan either.

This time I will take it as it comes and will see how things progress.

Can't wait to see the photos :flower:

Congratulations Emmediva! You are strong and did a great job. He sounds like a healthy size, hope things are going well for you!

Anyone else feel like a ticking time bomb?

Emmediva...congratulations :happydance: I am so happy for you. Wow...9lbs!!! He's a big boy already...so precious. Savor every moment.

Anyone else feel like a ticking time bomb?

You betcha!!! DH is attending a conference from Sun-Thursday, so I am hoping LO will hold off until he's done. :) I am scheduled for a sweep in a week... and just trying to get in as many naps as possible!

Check out this article - I thought it was really funny!! :thumbup:

https://www.scarymommy.com/a-letter-to-my-pregnant-child-less-self/

That's hilarious yikes! And scary lol

I think I'll nap tomorrow (if baby allows me to). I'm enjoying every minute of my mat leave :)

It's January 30! Any more baby's arrive? Yikesbaby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->