Gang Of Grlz - Due Jan - Feb 2013 !

SAS1: I've been Group B positive with both pregnancies. They don't allow you to labor long at home and you'll have to have a IV with antibotics. Didn't bother me to bad. If treated baby won't get the infection. :hugs:

Emmediva: Zoela weighed 7lbs 1oz (37+4). But its not her weight as to why I'm being induced. It's because the placenta goes bad earlier with GD. It works harder to use all of the insulin my liver produces leaving none for my body to regulate my sugar levels.

We'll all be holding our LO's soon! Hope everyone is progressing! :)

Leinz, I haven't been told that at all... I got diagnosed with GD too and am taking Glyburide 2x's a day for it... All I've heard is they won't let me go to 40 weeks cause of the size of the baby and how it can be hard for him to come out and his shoulders can be stuck etc... I wonder why they haven't mentioned the placenta? I get an ultrasound every week and they check his fluid levels etc but no one has mentioned that... Hmmm

Anyway my appointment is today, in hoping to get some good news, the cramps have increased some and today I've been feeling lots of pressure so have fingers and toes crossed for progression LOL

So my doctor appointment went good, I'm 2cm dilated 60% effaced. Doctor thinks I've had contractions and not really noticed. She said she thinks I'll go into labour on my own but just in case, she scheduled me for an induction Thursday, I have to be there at 6:30 a.m. to get admitted. So please send me lots of positive vibes/thoughts so I can go into labour on my own. Oh and Strep B test came back negative.

Emmediva: Yeah, the placenta is the bigger reason why. But, I wasn't monitored as you are. I had just the one scan at 37w.

I hope you go in labor before then. Your progression is amazing! :)

AFM: I lost my mucus plug last night and have been achy since. I still doubt I'll go into labor before my induction. My house is clean and I'm properly groomed. :haha:

Emmediva and Leinzlove, good luck! I am kinda jealous you guys know you will have you babies one way or another next week!

I have been losing a lot more plug since my exam on Wednesday and am having contractions like crazy! Do you guys think a sudden increase in braxton hicks is a good sign? Last night I could barely sleep I was contracting so much! I just keep hoping it will turn into the real deal soon.

SAS1: I definitley think its a good sign... And losing the plug also. :) I hope baby gets here soon and isn't to snug in there.

Emmediva: Thursday isn't far off... Eeeek! :)

AFM: "It wasn't it" last night. I went to bed hoping I'd wake in labor. No such luck still feel like AF is coming on... But thats it.

TMI - I have no idea what the mucous plug should look like but i am having much more discharge the last week...

I also have been having bad tightenings all day and night yesterday but today its better...

I want my hubby here before I have Beany :'(

My mucus plug was yellow cervical mucus with blood tinge to it in a glob. I then lost some strings of it since. But increased discharge is a sign of it for some women. And others never even notice it at all.

Thats good that your body is practicing for labor. It could mean days or weeks yet. There really is no way to know when.

I'm sure hubby will make it home... I hope he's home soon though.:hugs:

My mucus plug was yellow cervical mucus with blood tinge to it in a glob. I then lost some strings of it since. But increased discharge is a sign of it for some women. And others never even notice it at all.

Thats good that your body is practicing for labor. It could mean days or weeks yet. There really is no way to know when.

I'm sure hubby will make it home... I hope he's home soon though.:hugs:

Thank you, me too, really! You are so sweet :hugs:

So, I had a little practice run to the hospital this morning... I lost part of my field of vision and really freaked out. It was like a migraine aura and I get a lot of migraines, but I never lose my vision, so I was really scared it was preeclampsia. Especially since I have been having constant headaches and migraines the last couple weeks. My on call Dr told me to go to the hospital to get checked out... My BP was normal and my urine was clear of protein. Baby was doing great as well. Turns out my migraines had just gotten really out of control and the Dr was a little mad at me for not treating them. They had prescribed vicodin for me to take once or twice a week as needed, but I haven't been lately because I thought it would be something I could tough out until the baby was born and that he might feel better that way once born (maybe less fussy, etc...). Now I feel guilty for letting myself get so sick. Even though many many Drs have told me it is completely safe to treat the headaches, I was feeling guilty and didn't want to do anything that might make the baby uncomfortable. I think letting myself get so sick was probably worse now... Ugh. I am just ready to for him to arrive already!

Sas1: How terrible! I'm glad you and baby are okay. I don't like taking medicines either, especially when pregnant. But, I hope you do so you can get some relief. Baby will arrive any day... :wohoo:

AFM: This is Induction day! Can't believe it!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. :)

Sas1, so sorry you had that scare. Glad all is ok and it's just the migraines, take your meds so you don't suffer from that again.

Leinzlove, yay! Good luck!! Can't wait to hear about your birth story, praying all goes ok and it's fast.

AFM, I also had a practice run on Friday, I went to the rest room around 7:30 p.m. to pee and I was still 'peeing' 10 minutes later... So I got worried my water had broke and called labor & delivery. I told them what happened and they told me to come to assessment to get checked out. I went in and they checked said my water hasn't broke, it was probably bubs head pressing on my bladder :dohh: but my blood pressure was high, it was like 141/90 and I always have perfect blood pressure readings so they kept me there till 12:30 a.m. :dohh: oh and how about a nurse checked me and said my cervix was closed tight, and was not effaced?!! I was like EXCUSE me?! I told her I'd just had my doctor appointment yesterday (Thursday) and she had checked me and I was 2cm and 60% effaced. So how was I going to regress in a day to totally closed?!?! She said "Oh Doctor Davis' fingers are short so she probably just felt the outside of your cervix" :dohh: I wanted to kill her! When the doctor on duty came to check me she told me in front of the nurse that I was 2cm! The nurse turned red... stupid nurse! I'm just waiting to see if bubs will come soon, I really don't want to be induced :( but alas what will be will be.

Leinzlove - Congrats and good luck today! So exciting!

Emmediva - Oh my god, I almost feel bad for that nurse! haha... so embarrassing! Maybe she is new? Good news you aren't moving backwards though!

Sas: don't worry we're all the same, we don't want to do anything that may hurt our precious bundles. Please just relax now in the knowledge that all is well with your LO. I hope we get them out soon :wacko: it is dragging now ha!

Leinz: congratulations, must have been a worrying time :hugs:

Emme: makes you lose faith in some of them, doesn't it? I know how you feel about induction. I've been told that I won't be induced this time as I was with 1st and then had emcs. They will just do c-sect at 41 wk :cry:

Farida: I feel your pain, my oh is working 6 hour drive away and I desperately want him home in time. I hope yours is :kiss:

AFM: absolutely nothing going on here apart from swelling in my feet.....I'm totally fed up :blush: which I'm embarrassed about as we have waited so long for this little man.

I hope everyone else is doing ok, much love :hugs::hugs:

Emmediva: I hate nurses like that. I had one that was really awful during labor with DD. I called her to my room via the call button. I said "I feel like I have to push, can you check me?" She said "Checking you isn't going to make labor go faster." She checked and everyone was in a frantic that I was dilated to 7cm... I'm telling you, she made me feel like I wasn't in labor. :( I've also been to L&D with DD for Non stress tests every 2 days right after I got out of my Dr. Appt. (heard the HB) for a nurse to say she couldn't find a HB. Now, I would've lost it had I not just heard it. They can be wicked. I sure hope I get a nice one today. If not its my right to request a different one. Problem is you don't care much of anything other than getting through the contractions.

orwee: Do you want a Vbac? Or do you plan on having a C-section again? I sure hope LO doesn't make you wait until 41 weeks. I wouldn't worry that nothing except for swelling is going on. You can still go into labor any second. :hugs:

Emmediva: I hate nurses like that. I had one that was really awful during labor with DD. I called her to my room via the call button. I said "I feel like I have to push, can you check me?" She said "Checking you isn't going to make labor go faster." She checked and everyone was in a frantic that I was dilated to 7cm... I'm telling you, she made me feel like I wasn't in labor. :( I've also been to L&D with DD for Non stress tests every 2 days right after I got out of my Dr. Appt. (heard the HB) for a nurse to say she couldn't find a HB. Now, I would've lost it had I not just heard it. They can be wicked. I sure hope I get a nice one today. If not its my right to request a different one. Problem is you don't care much of anything other than getting through the contractions.

orwee: Do you want a Vbac? Or do you plan on having a C-section again? I sure hope LO doesn't make you wait until 41 weeks. I wouldn't worry that nothing except for swelling is going on. You can still go into labor any second. :hugs:

Yes Trying for vbac now that he has turned and is head down. I really do not want another section, I want to avoid at all costs.
I hope he waits until oh is home on 24th or gives us lots of warning! Ha ha why would anyone wish a long labour on themselves? Pregnancy makes us well weird :wacko::wacko:

How are you feeling this morning?

In that case I definitley hope baby waits until the 24th. I wouldn't want to do labor without DH.

I also hope you get your vbac, hun!

Leinzlove, thinking of you :flower: you probably have your hands full cuddling
with Zoela right now :)

Orwee, I hope your baby waits till your hubby gets home. Not too long now though :)

AFM, I'm still here gang, today I left work at 2p.m. due to severe swelling on my feet I was planning to work till 5 but the swelling kept getting worse. I was allowed however to work from home so that's what I did and will work 1/2 day tomorrow. I need to save as much paid time off as possible. Baby is being stubborn, I guess he's going to make me get induced versus coming out himself I've tried walking, evening primrose pills, even drinking cinnamon tea and nothing yet. I get some period like cramping but it goes away so I'll probably be her updating y'all once I go into the hospital Thursday. Mom's driving in tomorrow night from Houston, so I'm glad she'll be here

Yay found out today that OH is now home late on the 18th and not the 24th as before so wee one only has to hold out for another couple of days :happydance::thumbup:

Hope everyone else is well........anymore news?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->