Gardening anyone?

xSin

Mummy to Aria
Reaction score
Spring is in the air over here on the West Coast... just wondering if anyone here is also into gardening and if so what have you got planned for your garden this year? :)

Last year my roommates left me in charge of the vegetable garden they started & planted and I managed to not kill it so I decided to have a go with flowers and had some pretty good luck!

This year I move at the end of April so while I'm really keen to have a veggie garden of my own... it's going to be difficult to do while focusing on moving, wrapping up the semester at university, and growing baby, plus my job.

Any favorite plants? :)

Sure, rub it in that you get to think about planting already! :) Over here in balmy Alberta, I can look forward to huge snowstorms in late May. In Calgary, we generally don;t plant before Victoria Day. And it's very very dry here due to the chinook winds, so I stick with stuff that is tough. We do peas every year. And we have a big raspberry bush and lots of rhubarb.
Flower-wise, I try to go with native species or their relatives, as I know that they'll survive. So I have daisies, echinacea, lupin, yarrow, etc.

It's summer here so we're in the middle

I've got veggies - peas, carrots, beetroot, beans, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, kale, lettuce, onions, broccoli,
Flowers - Roses, mini roses, ground cover roses, gladioli, daisies, pansies, hiacynth, plus perrinal shrubs like hebe, daphne, rhododendron and more I don't now the names of :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->