Gas and electricity prices.

highhopes19

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Me tom and Isabelle are currently waiting to get our on place and the time is finally coming closer :happydance:.

We're very excited obviously to ha our own space for the first time but also nervous about the cost of living is etc.

I've budgeted about £40 for gas a month a £40 electric a month.... Is this close or am I totally way out!

That's pretty much what I pay for mine but I had mine frozen for a year, whereas mine would be going up again around now with it being after winter, and there's me and my 2 little ones in our house.

I have the lowest of anyone else I know though (I think it's because I have a new house that's more energy efficient) all of my friends pay around double what I do, so it's really going to depend on how much you use and the type of property you have (mine I rarely need my heating as it's always too hot and I have an electric cooker so my gas is never usually that much)

As pp said, it's very much dependent on the size of the house & what type of heating it has, if it is double glazed etc.

We pay £170 a month, although we've just had a new heating system installed so hoping to see a bit of a reduction soon, but what people pay varies greatly.

There was a thread a little while ago about how much people paid for gas & electric, it may be worth trying to find it to see if your budget is about right.

Good luck with your move, hope you love your new home (when you get it!) x

I pay £200 for both, sometimes more, sometimes a little less. I always put in £200, but that's for a 5 bedroom house with study, dining room, laundry room, massive kitchen and living room x

We live in a 1 bed flat that is old and very draughty and pay £80 for both.

i live in a 1 bed flat and pay £53 for both combined in the winter.x

Everywhere is different its about £20 a week here for our meter! gas for me is cheap as its through landlord, cheaper rate shared tank etc.

I pay £91 a month for both, £50 is gas and £41 electric and thats for a 3 bed semi. I think I will be in arrears when the next reading is done though because its been so cold I have had the heating on every day.

I live in a 3bed terraced house and ours is £90 a month for both in winter and £60 for both in summer im on prepayment metres

£50 a month for both. We live in a 2 bedroom terraced house x

Wow thanks girls for the response :flower:. It seems quite varied. We'll be living in a 2 bedroom house or flat not sure yet, preferably a house.

I am quite tight on things like gas and electric and turn everything off and when others moan their cold I don't see how they can be cold when their walking round in just a thin tshirt iykwim.... Tight I know :haha:. But I'm like go put a cardi on then tell me your cold :blush:.

My mums glad I'm like this really..... Certainly saves her some money :thumbup:.

Now the times getting closer to actually move I'm getting so Nervous :dohh:.

X

I pay 10 week for electric although only use bout 5 a week but build it up for when moneys tight and over winter 15 a week on gas last summer only used about 5 a week that's for a 2 bed terraced house x

If you can get an ECO meter it saves some money cause you can see exactly how much you are using on what x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->