• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gas

waiting2c

Reaction score
Hey ladies, did any of you suffer from wind issues post c section? I am 2.5 days past section and yesterday thought things were going really well, I was up and about and not requiring lots of pain medication. However from last night my tummy has been gurgling a lot and I am having waves of extreme pain from what feels like gas that won't come out. Occasionally it goes up and I burp and feel better but other than that I just feel like I'm getting more and more bloated and uncomfortable. Back to being really painful to stand up straight. I asked midwife as am still in hospital and she said it's too early to consider laxatives and to ask someone to bring me in peppermint tea, hopefully my husband does today. Does anyone have any other suggestions for what to do, or have some experience in when this might pass?

Yes I did. I was given simthethicone frequently in the hospital until I left. It seemed with that medicine I was in the clear by three days.

Hope the tea helps! Congratulations on your baby!

I did share the experience, and found that lying at a 45 degree angle helped the air either travel up or down...:blush:

It will pass soon [no pun intended..lol]... congratulations!

I had issues with it as well. I think it's fairly normal after a c-section. I kept getting asked if I had started passing gas every time I was checked(about every 4 hours) until I did. I was also given stool softeners daily while I was in the hospital to help things along. They wanted to make sure everything was moving properly.

Thanks ladies, I was allowed to go home today and I think the moving around helped as was finally able to and haven't felt as bad since!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->