Gassy baby?

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
Hannah's been miserable tonight and I think it's because she's gassy and/or needs to poo. Any ideas on how to make her feel better? :(

I know she finally relieved herself. :)

A few ideas for the future and some you may have tried:

1) Gripe water.
2) Bicycle motion with her legs.
3) Rubbing the left side of her stomach. Right side if you are facing her.
4) Holding her close and tight so that her tummy is almost lying on yours. Imagine holding her like you would breastfeed her.
5) A warm bath.
6) A warm cloth on her belly.
7) Something I never tried, but giving a wee bit of water.

Thanks, will definately keep in mind for next time :D Knew a few of those tricks, but learned some new ones!

infacol is another good one it helps bring up their wind and it is a god send. lol

i drink ginger tea or ginger drink.it helps my baby fart a lot ( sorry for using that word )

i change Ted's nappy and wipe his bottom. The wiping over the hole a few times seems to stimulate the release of any waste. I call it bottom tickling.

Can be explosive though - make sure to have a nappy underneath - we got through 4 nappies using this technique this morning!! (Ted always has trouble with wind/poop every morning).

Good luck xx

my mum said i was a really gassy baby. She used to lie me on my belly across her knee and rub my back. I tried it with Chloe-marie, she brought up some nice burps :rofl:

I know she finally relieved herself. :)

A few ideas for the future and some you may have tried:

1) Gripe water.
2) Bicycle motion with her legs.
3) Rubbing the left side of her stomach. Right side if you are facing her.
4) Holding her close and tight so that her tummy is almost lying on yours. Imagine holding her like you would breastfeed her.
5) A warm bath.
6) A warm cloth on her belly.
7) Something I never tried, but giving a wee bit of water.

Thanks leeanne ... great tips!

I think this one is why courtney constantly wants to be held!! This is how she calms down laying like this!!

Our body heat acts like a hot water bottle for them. When my stomach bothers me, heat helps greatly so it probably works the same way for babies.

I often hold Chase like this when he is gassy and bottle feed him too.

Our body heat acts like a hot water bottle for them. When my stomach bothers me, heat helps greatly so it probably works the same way for babies.

I often hold Chase like this when he is gassy and bottle feed him too.

this is what i thought!! hot water body!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->