• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gastroenteritis - so worried

misslissa

TTC our first!
Reaction score
My mum has got gastroenteritis, only started last night and I have been with her almost everyday for the last 4 days. I'm 23 weeks pregnant and I'm so scared I'm going to get it as its highly infectious.

I've been very very tired the last 24 hours but I'm hoping that's due to being really busy and not the first signs.

Not sure what I want out of this, just needed to vent my concerns. Has anyone else had it while pregnant??

I had it twice in the first trimester, with a week's break in between :(

The most difficult thing was DH wasn't that well (cold) and had to look after LO the whole time.

I was literally keeping nothing down and started noticing I was dehydrated so made an electrolyte solution, which worked well.

I don't think you need to worry about the effect on the baby. Just stay rehydrated and wait it out!:flower:

Thanks hun, I'm still just hoping I don't get it but everything you read says its highly contagious so if I do avoid it I'll be very lucky.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

The best thing you can do is stay hydrated. They re most worried about dehydration with gastroenteritis if you are pregnant. Rest, drink lots of fluids and just wait to see what happens. I hope you stay clear of it!

Aww gastro... Isnt nice at all and your right it us highly contagious, my daughter had it and in tge space of a month 10 of us had caught it, id ask uour midwife etc

I'm drinking lots of water and resting up as I am really tired. I really really don't want to come down with this.

I've had it twice this pregnancy already and babies are fine. Just make sure you stay hydrated and if it lasts more than a day you may need to go in for IV fluids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->