GD - Carbohydrates and Calories

mandaa1220

Reaction score
I was not officially diagnosed with GD, but since I was unable to complete the 3 hour due to vomiting, I had to meet with a diabetic educator and start monitoring blood sugar 4x daily. This is day 4 of it for me. This morning, I was down 2 lbs from what I was the morning of my appointment.

In the process of monitoring carbohydrates, I have not been obsessing about calories, but after looking back, it seems like with this new dietary plan, I'm only eating between 1200-1500 calories a day. I've read that at this stage, a pregnant woman should have like 2200 calories a day, so I'm obviously eating less than that and still walking 2 miles a night on top of it.

I have a midwife appt on Monday, so will discuss then, but those of you who've already gone through this, is this okay? Should I be concerned about not producing milk for baby when the time comes if I'm not eating enough calories right now?

Down another lb this am... now I'm definitely feeling a little worried... anyone??

Diabetic MW told me this morning that it's completely normal for people following GD diet to lose some weight in pregnancy and unless you're underweight it's not a problem. I currently weigh 1lb less than when I got pregnant.

Wanted to update - went to my midwife appointment this morning and she was concerned about the amount of calories I'm eating. She wants me to include 2 more snacks daily.

Hope the snacks help! A number of mine are higher calorie as I'm often having fruit accompanied by a bit of cheese or nuts, so they may well help stabilise your weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->