GD...Starting to panic!

Missy08

Reaction score
So I took my 3 hour glucose test this past Friday and was feeling pretty good when I didn't get a phone call from the doctor yesterday (no news is good news, right??). Well first thing this morning I miss a call from the doctor who leaves me a message asking me to call them back. I called them back and waited on hold over 30 minutes until I finally just left a message for them to call me back...I've been waiting now for them to call me and am starting to panic a little...:cry: I would have thought if the results were normal they would have just said that on the voicemail...

Anyone else been diagnosed with GD?

I failed the 1 hour and had to go back and do the 3 hour too (yuck, it was awful!!) I was soooo nervous! I ended up getting a call from my doctor's office as well and it was so stressful because they didn't just say at the beginning "You passed" or "You failed" but the midwife went through EACH draw result. UGH. I thought I was going to throw up! I actually ended up passing all of them.

My doctor's office's policy is typically not to call unless the results are that I failed, but they called me with these, so maybe it's the same with you. Fingers crossed for you!

Good luck!

Fingers crossed that you passed!

I failed both tests, and was diagnosed with GD. All the extra doctors appointments have been very stressful for me, but the diet has been very helpful to me. It has made me make better food choices and had kept me active. I've had minimal weight gain, and honestly with all the exercise (which really helps keep my blood sugars in check), I feel like I'm in better shape than I have been in awhile.

GD is not the end of the world, or even the end of a happy pregnancy. When I was first diagnosed, I went through a little grieving period where I felt like it was my fault and I was hurting my baby. But, I've learned that it isn't my fault at all, and I can have some control over the situation and make the healthiest choices for the health of my baby and me, and if you are diagnosed, so can you. It will be okay. You may be able to control your GD with diet and exercise, or you may need some help with insulin or other medication. I ended up on a tiny dose of glyburide, which is a type 2 diabetes drug to help bring down my after breakfast readings. It was a little scary at first because even such a small dose was causing my blood sugar to crash, but I learned how to time my snacks evenly so my sugars even out.

It is a learning process, but I've learned things about my body/diet that I will carry with me outside of pregnancy.

Best of luck on your results, but know that you can have a healthy baby either way and having GD is not your fault. I'm no expert, but you can message me if you have any questions. Sorry for the novel.

Thanks! That makes me feel a little better. I know as soon as I saw the name on the caller ID, my stomach instantly dropped...Usually mine doesn't call unless the result is abnormal as well (they post normal results on an online thing)...but I'm hoping maybe they just decided to call and let me know...I sure wish they'd call me back, this waiting is torture! Plus I'm at work and have phone calls to make but I know as soon as I get on the phone, they'll call

Thanks aquaria! It helps to hear a postivie story from someone who has it and is able to manage it.

I failed my 1 hr glucose test and just took the 3hr yesterday morning, which was absolutely awful. I was shocked I failed the 1hr because I've never had an issue with any other pregnancy and I started this pregnancy at 5'8" and 116 lbs give or take and at 31 weeks am now 135lbs, so both DH and I were shocked. We're both nervous because my OB feels if I "fail" the 3hr then it's more likely Type 1 that has just decided to become an issue now and not GD per say. With that being said I'm very anxiously waiting my test results. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's anxious about it! Fingers crossed for you hun!

Thanks TatorMom. The waiting is absolute torture...I'm just sitting here waiting for the damn phone to ring. It's never taken them this long to return a voicemail before so now I'm starting to get a little mad.

I would think if you didn't pass the 3 hour you would here today...Seems like they would want to call ASAP and I was told the results are usually back the next day.

Fingers crossed for you too! Keep us posted. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->