GD test tomorrow. Can't eat, but can I drink water?

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I remember them saying that I can't eat anything from 10pm the night before, but do you know if I can drink water?

I remember them saying that I can't eat anything from 10pm the night before, but do you know if I can drink water?

no I am afraid not, any time I needed one it was nil by mouth :hugs:

Great. I've been fasting for a whole 11 minutes and I'm already hungry and thirsty. Better get myself to sleep!

I was told not to eat or drink anything, but if i needed something, water wouldnt effect the test. You drink a dribk, and then they do a blood draw....

My letter said not to eat or drink 12 hours before your appointment , apart from water but I didn't have anything just incase they refused to do the test lol xxx

Yeah, they said no food or water to me too! Sorry hun! Hope it all goes well and that you pass :flower:

I was told I was allowed water if i needed something to drink.

i had it last week and was told i could drink water or black tea. i think i would have passed out if i couldn't drink water!

I was allowed water, just no food for 10 hours beforehand. I was also allowed to sip water during the test.

Is this the 1hr glucose test or 3hrs??

I just did the 1hr and I was allowed to eat breakfast, I didn't have to fast at all. My results were normal. I was just told not to have juice or a sugar breakfast before the test. So I ate toast and a banana. The drink made me feel like crap and I would of for sure gotten sick and passed out if I wasn't able to eat breakfast :wacko:

Weird, I have only heard of fasting being needed before :shrug:

for a 1 hour test I had no restrictions.

For a 3 hour test I wasn't allowed to eat or drink starting midnight... And nothing during the test. I had 1/2 of a galon right after the test.

I had the test last week and yes you can drink water the whole time. IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE TEST DRINKING WATER. Its dangerous not too as you can become dehydrated which is bad in a pregnant women. I had to starve from 9pm had first blood taken at 10am then second at 12pm and even the nurse doing the test said to drink water

It's the 3 hour test. I have to be at the hospital by 8 so will ask as soon as I get there if I can have some water. Fingers crossed I pass :)

You can have water otherwise you can dehydrate yourself x

My letter says I can drink water, black tea and black coffee but no food 12hrs before :)

I checked when I got here and they said no water and to tell them if I really feel like I need a sip.

The glucose drink wasn't as bad as I thought, it tasted like cola ice pops.

I had the 3 hour one and could drink water! Thats so many hours not to have a drink x

Yes, you can drink water! I've always been told water, black tea, or black coffee. That will absolutely in no way effect the results of the test.

Wow thats different. I have mine in an hour and I was supposed to eat normal breakfast but nothing too crazy and drink before I started drinking the juice just not after. Currently drinking the sugar stuff, yuck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->