GD, with low weight gain

madtowngirl

Finally a mom
Reaction score
I was just diagnosed with GD. To say I am upset would be an understatement. I'm floored, because between food aversions and my uterus pushing on my stomach, I've only been able to tolerate small meals, which typically means salad or a small helping of rice. I've gained very little weight, significantly less than with my first child. I didn't have GD with her, but I do with this one? I just don't understand.

I don't really see how a dietician is going to help me when i can barely eat anyway. To top it off, I have a history of fainting at the sight of needles and a low lying placenta. I feel like nothing is going right.

GD doesn’t really have anything to do with weight gain, it’s more often than not genetic. Age is also a factor.

I am quite a small person (110lbs) and gained 9lb in with second child and still had gd.

The dietician is going to get you to follow a low carb diet. So the salad you've had is actually spot on. Drop the rice though and any other carbs like potatoes, bread, pasta etc and most of all sugar. I do keto and I've lost weight from my pre weight but I follow it for other health related issues. I'm not sure of the carb level GD patients are allowed, but that will be what the dietician will tell you to follow x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->