GD..

Floralaura

Reaction score
I currently measure big, tho a emergency growth scan last mon showed Baby to only be a couple of weeks bigger than he should be..had my gtt test yesterday at MW appointment and when there she dipped me and it showed protein in my pee so have to send a mid sample off to find out why, so i just rang up for the result of gtt and have been told that the result shows a too high level of sugar and i have to see a GP..does this now mean i have it? :nope:

I would assume that it does yes and you need to see your GP to discuss a sensible diet and care plan and/or the possibility of taking insulin.
Try not to worry, its a manageable condition.

I do have it, as i went to leave to pick my DS up two midwives turned up at my door to tell me i have it and to give me appointments for high risk renal clinic and another clinic..im gutted. :o(

GD isn't always a big problem. I had it with my DS (now 16) and remember being beside myself when I was told. However, it really wasn't that bad (in my case at least), I had to restrict my carb intake and monitor my sugar levels 3 times a day. DS was born a perfectly healthy 6lb 13oz.

Follow the doc's advice and hopefully you will be absolutely fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"