Gender and symptoms

SwissMiss

Reaction score
I posted this in the Gender section too but am hoping to get a few answers... :blush:

I just wanted to ask, for those of you who've had more than one girl: were you equally sick with all your pregnancies? I KNOW that symptoms aren't really to go by if you compare woman to woman, BUT I seem to gather from reading (BAD google! :roll:) that the SAME woman *might* get similar symptoms with the same gender...
I was very ill with ms my daughter (could hardly eat at all for 9 weeks, diarrhea, etc :sick:) and not quite so bad with my son (sick feeling til about 12 weeks, but hungry too, and constipation! :blush:)

This time I have had nearly all of it - diarrhea, hungry, sicky, gaggy, heartburn! :( So I don't know what to think (I'm with the girl who said she was prob having a squirrel :rofl:)... I'm KINDA hoping for another girl (will of course love a boy too!! :blush:) and was wondering what your experiences were...?

Sorry for the novel, and thanks! :flower:

I've done a lot of reading about symptoms and the gender "stereotypes" myself.

I'm only pregnant with my first and it's a boy. What I've read is that "most" boy pregnancies suffer little to no morning sickness and I'm over 8 months and haven't had a single bout of morning sickness.
I have had very, VERY painful bowel and gas movements periodically throughout the pregnancy. I've experienced no pain worse than when you can't pass your gas!! (Sorry for the tmi).

I do wonder how much different a baby girl pregnancy will be. I'm praying for a baby girl next. I'd sooner suffer morning sickness than not be able to pass gas.

ETA: Also, I've noticed that while I've been borderline high blood pressure since I was 27 (am now 35) and my bp has gone down since pregnant with baby boy. I do wonder how much of it is to do with the baby boy hormones running through my system.
Because of my age (making me "high risk" and all) they checked me for everything - the high blood pressure, high sugars, whatever is in my urine, etc. and everything has been nice and normal.
I do worry what baby girl hormones will do to all those levels, but I want a baby girl so badly I'll do whatever it takes!

I haven't had a girl yet but with my son I was really sick and went of so many foods. So I think it really differs from woman to woman this time I'm getting ms again, bt haven't gone of lots of foods like b4 just have no appetite, I would love a girl but equally as happy with a boy x

I now dont believe in all them. I have 3 different pregnancies and all are boys. I was very sick in first one, all sickness till the end more than 3 times a day, second I was sick for a few weeks then that stopped and every one thought that was a girl. This time I havnt been really sick at all and symptom free and its another boy.

My mom had 3 girls and 4 boys and said she felt sicker with the girls; barely any sickness with the boys. My SIL has a boy and a girl, and with the boy she had almost no nausea; just felt sleepy, with the girl she felt pretty nauseous in the mornings but never actually threw up. A friend of mine has 2 boys and a girl; she got really sick with all of them; the two boys about the same, and then with the girl it was way, way worse.

I'm only on my first, and was so sick till like 16 weeks, and still at 28 weeks I get queezy often and grossed out by a lot of foods. Was happy to find out I'm having a girl, because if it were a boy and this were the easy version, I would be terrified to get pregnant again. Now I just have to make sure to have a boy next time, somehow :)

I have had two boys and 1 girl, pregnant with my 4th now.

I didn't have m/s with any of them but I had lots of other unpleasant things. I noticed that with both boys I craved sweet foods and with my daughter I craved salty foods. With this pregnancy I can not be around sweet food at all. I ate a doughnut yesterday and it took every ounce of energy not to run go throw it up.

We aren't going to find out the sex until birth so I have a ways to go to test my theory. But I would agree that its different for every woman.

Thx all!! Dragonfly ur experience is particularly interesting! Yeesh... We arent going to find Out gender either so im my own Test!
Thx again Girls!!! Xxx

I really do think its how your body reacts to pregnancy, as I went on mine got more used to it and wasnt as bad as the first time. Thats my theory anyway. I didnt know gender first two times till birth but was easy to see on scan this time around. I even have new symptoms this time, acne, crap hair and all. Never had that with the last two. Gladly I didnt get the kidney infections this time.

I was sick with my son between weeks 8-14. I felt sick everyday.

This preganacy I have had nausea, but I have had lots of headaches and have been exhausted. No sickness at all.

I still think it will be a boy and that my body is just better at dealing with pregnancy (similar to what Dragonfly said).

We will also stay team yellow. I have no preference and either sex will be equally adored :)

I've done a lot of reading about symptoms and the gender "stereotypes" myself.

I'm only pregnant with my first and it's a boy. What I've read is that "most" boy pregnancies suffer little to no morning sickness and I'm over 8 months and haven't had a single bout of morning sickness.
I have had very, VERY painful bowel and gas movements periodically throughout the pregnancy. I've experienced no pain worse than when you can't pass your gas!! (Sorry for the tmi).

I do wonder how much different a baby girl pregnancy will be. I'm praying for a baby girl next. I'd sooner suffer morning sickness than not be able to pass gas.

ETA: Also, I've noticed that while I've been borderline high blood pressure since I was 27 (am now 35) and my bp has gone down since pregnant with baby boy. I do wonder how much of it is to do with the baby boy hormones running through my system.
Because of my age (making me "high risk" and all) they checked me for everything - the high blood pressure, high sugars, whatever is in my urine, etc. and everything has been nice and normal.
I do worry what baby girl hormones will do to all those levels, but I want a baby girl so badly I'll do whatever it takes!

I agree with you that most boy pregnancies seem to be nausea / sickness free from my experience any way.
When i was pregnant with my DS1 I had no nausea, or sickness what so ever. The only symptom I had was heartburn, and I remember feeling constantly tired ALL of the time. I remember sleeping constantly for the first 3-4 months with him.
I then went on to have an identical twin pregnancy 4 years after DS and i did have AWFUL nausea but was never sick. I put it down to the extra hormones with having two babies in there. They were boys.
DD1 was a completely different pregnancy to the boys. I was constantly feeling sick but it got worse at night, i remember having awful anxiety symptoms, i broke out in spots alot and i felt terrible all of the time. I can also remember not being able to eat much without feeling full right away.
This time I feel the same as i did with my DS1.
No nausea, no sickness, just tiredness and heartburn. I'm convinced this baby is another boy! :)

This is my third and it has been really different. With my son, I had no symptoms until I was six weeks. I didn't have morning sickness. I had severe back pain and lightheaded ness. I was also really tired with DS. With DD, I wasn't all that tired but had ms. I was gagging on water and everything up until third trimester. With this one, it is a sudden hit of severe nausea and then I get extremely light headed. I am tired this time around. I have yet to hear or see the baby so can't compare hb. With ds his hb was always around 136...dd it was 156. With both of them my hair is oily is all get out. I have no intuition with this one like I did the other two. My son was called his name at 12 weeks...Ginny I waited because I couldn't believe I was having a girl. This one I have no intuition. I don't really feel pregnant most of the time tbh.

ALl you ladies that don't get sick with boys are so lucky! I have two boys, and with both of them I had bad morning sickness and extreme fatigue (my second boy was worse). I lost 7 lbs with my second, and the first trimester was really hard. With this pregnancy, I also have had really bad 'morning' sickness (all day sickness really) and am very tired. I have lost 5 lbs, and am anxious to see if this one is a boy or girl, because I really don't know. Everyone thinks a girl because I have been so sick, but I have been sick with my boys, so who knows! I think some women are more sensitive, and I think I am just a sensitive one.

Wow, everyone's experiences are SO different! :shock:
I'm STILL having (morning) sickness - its at NIGHT that it's REALLY bad, although starts right after breakfast :roll: - with this one, and it had DEFINITELY more or less disappeared with my other two by this time - I checked my journals! :dohh: Another reason to think I'm having a squirrel or an alien or I dunno what! :shy:
Anyone else!?
:flower:
:hugs:

This is my first and I've had absolutely no morning sickness whatsoever. I'm having a little princess. :)

Congrats Debbie! :flower:

I was REALLY hoping for another girl, but the further along I get, the more I really feel either gender will be wonderful! I just want a healthy baby!!! :shock: Upcoming scan anxieties I think... :sad2:

M/S SLOWLY easing off now, but I'm just coming off 3 days of norovirus (midsummer, wtf?!) so just a little nausea is feeling pretty damn good right now! :dohh:

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"