Gender + food cravings? It sounds stupid... but I've been gathering info....

Kestersed

Pregnant - 2nd trimester
Reaction score
I had a friend who I met up with on her due date, I wanted to GRILL her for information on her maternal instincts, what she felt she was carrying, because she was certain she didn't know and didn't need to know. She didn't want to go down that predictable girl=pink boy=blue route therefore it didn't matter to her either way.

But I was still so curious, I asked about her strongest cravings, and she told me fruit, in particular clemintines. She wanted fresh juice, oranges, squash, fruity sweets etc etc... and this appears to be a theme with a lot of the women who I have asked carrying girls.

What interested me is, she turned out to have a girl! And she promised she had no indication as to what gender she was carrying, no clues or guesses at all.

The women carrying boys however wanted potatoes, cheese, steak and ale pies, bacon, crisps, icecream etc. And again, at the time they didn't know what gender they were carrying.

It's not a concrete theory, as I have had women that have told me they've had NO morning sickness at all and carried all girls, ate everything, and others who chucked up everyday, wanted fruits, apples etc and carried boys.
(i have been asking strangers in passing at work with young babies, they all have their old wives tales to share, it's all for fun whilst my excited baby brain works overtime :) )

I wonder if carrying a female would produce different hormones or chemicals in the body then carrying a boy... ? like extra estrogen or testosterone leaking into your body from our little womb squatters! I've heard your leg hairs grow slower when you're carrying a female?!

My husband and I have decided to wait and see, I figure it'd give me a drive through the labour to finally find out, like the cherry on the cake kinda thing! But my curious little mind can't put all this guessing to rest :)

Hi.
My husband has been driving me nuts with his theories, he thinks boy as he tells me my legs are harrier haha , when i shave he says they are growing back alot quicker...lol with my daughter i wanted salty things , and savory..This time i want sweet things and cant stand salt on anything.....I dont mind what i have really , hubby wants boy so is telling me everything im doing, eating etc is boy related haha...

I found this article - interesting & talks about all these gender theories!!!! Although not food, unfortunately

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepa...48257/How-to-tell-if-its-a-boy-or-a-girl.html

I have 3 boys and with all I want fruit and orange juice. Nothing salty or sweet. I'm pregnant with my 4- find out on July 22 what this baby is, but all I crave is salty cheesy food and chocolate chip muffins- so we will see:)

Oh how exciting!!!! It's funny you mention the leg hair thing, because mine has slowed right down growing back... and it's not through lack of shaving as it's a heatwave here right now!!! But it may be all in my head ;)

It is fun, I suppose because I know im not finding out I'm just teasing myself... like a kid before christmas! If you find out any more theories please share!!! Thanks for the replies :D more to follow hehe xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->