Gender rant... x

Lexi's Mummy

Linzi xx
Reaction score
just needed to vent somewhere other than in DH's face! :lol:

my hormones are clearly raging and clouding my ability to think rationally haha but this is really really irriating me..
The few people that do know about my pregnancy, first thing they have all said is oh lets hope its a boy this time round then hey!.. eugh now dont get me wrong i would absolutely love a little blue one but i also would love another little girl.. like i said its just me being irrational but the way they say it is like my other DDs are inferior.. oh i dunno it even sounds silly know im reading it but just because i already have 2 girls that doesnt mean i automatically absolutely want a boy... id be more than happy with 3 beautiful girls! x

sorry for that :haha: x

I've had the same said to me!!
"Oh you need a boy now to balance it out"

What?!

Yes, I find it extremely offensive when people act like everyone must want at least one of each gender and if you do have one of each then you surely must be done! A family is prefect no matter what sex the children are. I used to always get well you have one of each so you never need to try again. Since when was my family planning based on their opinion and I couldn't care less if I had one of each or 2 girls or 2 boys, I just want my children!

Yep i hear you. Even more annoying is if you have another boy will you go for #3... erm nooooo!! Id love 2 boys x

I know I had this so much with my last pregnancy... I had two boys I now have 3 and am pregnant with our last baby. With my last pregnancy I had so many comments and then people acting like it was bad news when I said it's another boy! Awful! It's great news I was blessed with a healthy gorgeous baby! This time I am telling people we're not finding out... I don't want the reactions of its another boy x

So glad I'm not the only one to feel this way! its exactly that, that if I have another girl I just know I'm going to get 'are you going to keep trying for a boy?' no! I'm not, but if I do have a forth and that is also a girl then great! I don't understand peoples reasoning behind if you've already got girls then you must want a boy and vice versa! xx

Exactly.. This is our last baby boy or girl and I'm just praying its healthy and the pregnancy goes well...of course a girl would be lovely but I love boys much another one could never be a bad thing and we are definitely done after this one!! X

Gender does not determine how important or loved the baby is/will be.

As long as its healthy I couldn't care less!!

I too have gotten the same reaction. I'm on my third, mind you, and everyone automatically assumed we were done just because we had "one of each". To be honest, I've always wanted two of the same so that they could relate more to each other growing up. I personally get fed up every time someone assumes we're "done" just because we have a girl and a boy. I know exactly where you're coming from!

Exactly.. This is our last baby boy or girl and I'm just praying its healthy and the pregnancy goes well...of course a girl would be lovely but I love boys much another one could never be a bad thing and we are definitely done after this one!! X
I'm in the exact same boat.. I have three boys and this is our last and everyone is acting like im a rabbit making a bunch of babies and hoping for a girl saying "so i can stop trying for one!!!!" I will be thrilled with either boy or girl and i had 4 because that is what i always wanted regardless of the sex of my kids!!

I have a 4 year old boy and everybody keeps saying "well maybe this one will be a girl!" and honestly I would love it if this one turns out to be a baby girl, and of course if it's a boy I would love him just as much but sometimes these questions have me wondering if I will be disappointed if I find out its a boy...im afraid of being disappointed or having to tell people its a boy and seeing their reactions.

At least when I tell my mom that everyone is saying well maybe it's a girl, she says "yeah and maybe it's a boy! we dont know, it could go either way". It kind of helps me feel like no matter what, someone will be happy if it's a boy.. My fiance will be thrilled about either and im sure his family will be too.. im sure it's just the random people that don't realize they have any impact by what they say, coworkers and such.

I'm getting the same, I must want a girl now because I've already got a boy. Uh, no I'd be happy with either!

Had the same thing said i just laugh it off tbf i take no notice whats more important is that baby is healthy and happy x

I get this too. Since I have 3 dds. "Aw hopefully this 1 will be a boy" blah blah blah. Tbh I'm happy with the girls. Not that I would mine a boy. Either way is fine. But I'm more comfortable with the girls. And my hubby loves having his princesses. So it's never even crossed our minds. It's so annoying tho people just assume that's what we must want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->